Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, we're in our 50's and have always owned dogs. Over the last year we lost both our 14 yr old Lab and our 10 year old CAvalier to old age. We started looking to add a Labradoodle Mini pup to our home a month ago only find out the apparently everyone suddenly workign form home due to Covid went out and bought a puppy.

We've always worked from home and live on 2 acres near Woodstock NY.

Were struggling to find any breeder who will commit to when we can get a puppy and also are finding it odd that many are requiring non refundable deposits of $300 or more when applying, with no firm gurantee of when or if we might get a puppy. The breeders seem to have an unorganized and random approach to who gets a pup- lotteries,, giving the pick of litter to the Guardian home, awarding pups based on when deposits where placed, taking 20, 30 deposits on an upcoming potential litter of 4-6 pups- doesn't make much sense to us. I can't recall placing non refundable deposits on much of anyhting let alone an unborn puppy for an unknown potential delivery date with 30 other people in line for one of a few pups. Any comments on these practices ? We're happy to place a deposit with a breeder who commits to a puppy from a current / upcoming litter. We jsut want to lock one in with someone reputable and know we'll be getting a dog- don't want to place a non refundable deposit, wait untile October and then hear "sorry" we gave the pups to people ahead of you, you'll have to wait another 6 months- Looking for a Mini with a breeder in NY, NJ or eastern PA. thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, we're in our 50's and have always owned dogs. Over the last year we lost both our 14 yr old Lab and our 10 year old CAvalier to old age. We started looking to add a Labradoodle Mini pup to our home a month ago only find out the apparently everyone suddenly workign form home due to Covid went out and bought a puppy.

We've always worked from home and live on 2 acres near Woodstock NY.

Were struggling to find any breeder who will commit to when we can get a puppy and also are finding it odd that many are requiring non refundable deposits of $300 or more when applying, with no firm gurantee of when or if we might get a puppy. The breeders seem to have an unorganized and random approach to who gets a pup- lotteries,, giving the pick of litter to the Guardian home, awarding pups based on when deposits where placed, taking 20, 30 deposits on an upcoming potential litter of 4-6 pups- doesn't make much sense to us. I can't recall placing non refundable deposits on much of anyhting let alone an unborn puppy for an unknown potential delivery date with 30 other people in line for one of a few pups. Any comments on these practices ? We're happy to place a deposit with a breeder who commits to a puppy from a current / upcoming litter. We jsut want to lock one in with someone reputable and know we'll be getting a dog- don't want to place a non refundable deposit, wait untile October and then hear "sorry" we gave the pups to people ahead of you, you'll have to wait another 6 months- Looking for a Mini with a breeder in NY, NJ or eastern PA. thanks
I would suggest Johnson's Labradoodles. He does require a non-refundable deposit... but he will let you know which litter and where you are in line. He has great reviews, he raises minis. I have only seen one bad review and it was related to interactions with Mark (who I find delightful) Johnson's Labradoodles is located in Auburn New York. I am set to pick my puppy up on the 23rd of May!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I would suggest Johnson's Labradoodles. He does require a non-refundable deposit... but he will let you know which litter and where you are in line. He has great reviews, he raises minis. I have only seen one bad review and it was related to interactions with Mark (who I find delightful) Johnson's Labradoodles is located in Auburn New York. I am set to pick my puppy up on the 23rd of May!!
Same thoughts

1 - 3 of 3 Posts