Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
What's really scary is that the article doesn't clearly state that Nutro agrees that there is a problem with their product. :roll:
How can you ignore nylon strings sticking out of the kibble? :shock:

As stated with the 2007 recall, you would think that they would be more concerned. Maybe they are and are just putting up a brave face?

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Again. I am so glad I changed Cacao to Candiae. That reminds me I need to pick up another bag today.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
So this is the true problem with Petsmarts out of stock situation with
the Nutro Naturals.. :shock:

at my local Petsmart they have been unable to order any of this product..though there are still some Nutro Naturals on their shelves most of the product is now unavailable..

despite what everyone is hearing from their PR people..Nutro must realize something is wrong with their dog food..

employees have told me that there is only a supply problem and not a
health concern that the Nutro Natural products are experiencing..WHAT A CRACK OF CRAP Nutro must be feeding to their retailers as well. :x

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
as many of you know last year Max had severe diarrhea, weight loss and more problems....to this day we aren't sure if it was the NUTRO he was on or not
but i got him off of it and finally after cooking for 4mos got him on Canidae. Been a whole year now (knock on wood)....he's been fine and healthy since being on Canidae

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I always fed Nutro to my cocker, and started Jonah on it when I got him. I had a friend that worked for Blue Buffalo, she told me then (1 1/2years ago) to watch Nutro because they changed ownership and ingredient suppliers. We did Blue for a while, but Jonah's system didn't like it, so we went with Canidae.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Had a friend who used Nutro until the food scare last year, then they switched to something else, can't remember, and now they have Sascha on Canidae

·
Registered
309 Posts
Wow! Very scary to me. I fed all of my doggies Nutro for the past 10yrs. until just a few days ago. I posted, what do your Doodles eat? As I read posts on the topic I noticed that alot of you feed Canidae. I don't know who it was, but someone posted a link to a dogfood analysis site. Thank you so much for that! I learned that Nutro was not at as good as I thought for the past 10yrs. My poor babies :cry: Needless to say I switched immediatly. Thank goodness we never had any of the problems that some other consumers have had. Shame on Nutro for not investigating it further :evil: OK, I'm done ranting,

·
Registered
112 Posts
Both of my dogs are on Nutro, and I have been planning on switching to Canidae once they finish these 40 pound bags. I think that I might go ahead and make the switch and just trash the rest of the Nutro.

I had a bad feeling about it ever since I noticed that they started pulling the bags from the shelves at PetsMart. The spokeswoman at the store just said that they were switching suppliers and had a gap in the deliveries of their ingredients.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Wow, that's truly hideous. No more Nutro for us!

Louie was on Nutro at 8 weeks (when he came home). He had a lot of loose poo, so I stopped the kibble and put him on the bland diet of poached chicken and rice. Just a week or so ago I started Louie on a new dog food, Ori-Jen. It has 0 percent grain in it. So far, so good.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
AJWhiting said:
Both of my dogs are on Nutro, and I have been planning on switching to Canidae once they finish these 40 pound bags. I think that I might go ahead and make the switch and just trash the rest of the Nutro.
i did just that..though rather than throwing it out i took it down to the animal shelter..then bought 2 bags of Canidae..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts