Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Annie has a rash all over her face and down her neck - she's miserable, the poor thing. Sandy won't leave her side and has been keeping a paw on her since she went to bed.

Sandy and the tongue...

All wet after the beach with Tucker & Jeff

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Awww Sandy...you're such a good boy to be watching over your girl...
keep up the good work! Hope she's feeling better Kristen!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey everyone - say a little prayer for her will you? I checked on her at 4am and she looked ok, but then when she came downstairs this morning, the entire right side of her face was swollen - her lips puffy, and up half the left side. She looks awful. The doc wants me to run her to the ER....

I'll update when we get home.

K&A

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
kristen let me know what ER says,,,,and i will be saying prayers it is something they figure out ASAP and minimal too. hugs and kisses to Annie, you and Sandy.

will be waiting and praying

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Prayers...update when you can Kristin.... {{{{hugs}}}}

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Ah so wonderful to look out
for yours and his little girl.
We are not surprised though because we
know how lovable and loyal this breed is .
Good job Sandy

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What a crazy morning... Thank goodness for the urgent care clinic! By the time we got there her entire face was swollen, including both eyes and her tongue! I noticed she couldn't keep it in her mouth and she was struggling to talk... my poor little sweetheart! We got in and out incredibly fast. They put her on a steroid drip to get the swelling down.

So we are home with a weaning dose of prednisone for 8 days, along with prescription allegra. No idea what caused the reaction, but I was told to expect it to flare up again, so we have a refill of the prednisone if necessary.

So we are home, with 2 new webkinz and lots of nasty medicine. She tolerates it so well though, so I can't complain!

Thanks for the hugs and prayers for her!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
kristen ususally prednisone will make someone have TONS OF ENERGY for the 1st two days and they can't sit stilll for long

but it does help with severe hives , swelling and reactions.

thank you for the update and i hope you get to the bottom of what has caused this terrible reaction in Annie....HUGS and kisses to you all

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Annie's been on prednisone before (asthma) so the reactions are usually fairly minimal now - plus the doc said the allegra might make her sleepy, so hopefully they will cancel each other out :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Glad to hear she is getting some relief. How many Webkinz does she have now? I think my daughter is up to 6 :roll: !

My son has some serious health issues and Dante is a great indicator of when he is going to start spiraling downward. Typically Dante stays by my side all day. When he doesn't stick with me and won't leave sight of my son I know we are getting ready to start one of his "cycles". So far Dante is three for three at predicting them.

Heather

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
momoftwo said:
Glad to hear she is getting some relief. How many Webkinz does she have now? I think my daughter is up to 6 :roll: !
Heather
LOL I'm ashamed to admit the number... Just remember she's been collecting them for 2+ years! After the two she got today (one was her first ever trading card pack and she won the free virtual pet) she has 20 actual webkinz and 1 virtual. Lord knows how many she will get for her birthday next week... :? :shock: :roll: She does love the animals though, and wants to collect them all - The funniest part about it is that she doesn't even play online all that much... Maybe an hour per week total!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
WHEW. I'm happy it's something treatable, even though unpleasant. Poor sweetie, doesn't it break your heart to see your little one suffering.....

I drew the line for my daughter at 4 Webkinz....but she wants the Chocolate Lab SO MUCH. She's on a "sticker system" for good behavior and helpfulness, so maybe when she earns her next 'something special' I'll surprise her with one. But I do admit when I had her in the ER last month, she got a Webkinz for being so brave.... :)

I hops she's feeling better every day...

·
Registered
273 Posts
My daughter is having two teeth pulled at the dentist in a couple of weeks - the softy I am - I think that will probably be worth a Webkinz :oops:

Heather

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Ok i have to ask...what is a Webkinz...i still remember Beanie Babies

1 - 20 of 38 Posts