Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, bath time again! Dexter amazed me tonight. I shut him in the bathroom and he knew what was coming. As soon as I got his collar off and steadied myself to hoist his uncooperative butt into the tub, he hopped in and sat down! And then when his bath with blackberry sage soap (that mommy made) was done, he sat for daddy to brush him. Well, since he was being such an angel, I thought I'd get the scissors and just trim the dreadlocks off his legs and booty. Being obsessive, I didn't stop. He sat while daddy brushed and mommy trimmed, yes sir, yes sir, three bags full of wool! Hahaha!

Daddy wouldn't let me touch the beard, but the rest is nicely trimmed, his first haircut!

He hates the camera now, so I got the best shot I could get.

Before

After

·
Registered
101 Posts
aww, he looks very handsome!
when i tried to cut Rowen's hair it ended up extremely uneven :oops:
by the looks of it, you did a great job cutting his hair! :D

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
DEXTER looks great!!! nice job!! and isn't it great when they sit for a bath and then sit still for a trim :D

luckily i only have to trim Max's bangs and beard and rear view hahahhaa

·
Registered
183 Posts
Up until he was about one, Fred really hated baths. We would have to hoist him into the tub and he would struggle the entire time to get out. But one day, he just decided that he would take baths without a fight, and he hopped into the tub without a struggle. Now he will go upstairs and get into the tub without even being told to when he is muddy. One morning while I was in the shower he jumped in with me, uninvited-- he had just come in from a run in the swamp and was all muddy.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Great job - and the soap sounds wonderful!!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Dextersmommy said:
I can't imagine going back to doggie shampoo. He smells so good for days I bury my nose in his fur constantly.

I wash my hair with it too!
Rita...was it YOU who by mistake washed your hair in doggy shampoo a few months back? :shock: :D

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Dextersmommy said:
I plead the 5th! You sure have a good memory for somebody who can't spell! :p
my secret: Blonde HIGHLIGHTS...Brunette roots :shock:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Dextersmommy said:
Holy cow! You guys are great! Got orders out the wazoo! Thanks a ton!

AnnMarie, I am blonde with gray roots, so does that make me a wise dingbat? (I think so!)
NAW, it makes ya an OLE weisenheimer dingbat hahhhaaaa

I somehow lost my gray :shock:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Maybe i should? hahahhaha
what's your number?

Rita sometimes i am just "intuitive" :shock:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Hey Rita,
I went to your websites and saw your soaps! Will definitely order some for Christmas presents! I was noticing the ingredients - I don't know if Dexter is an "itchy doodle" but Tyke sure is! Sounds like your soaps would be great for that!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts