Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else's doodle only go #2 on the borders and/or corners of the yard? I swear Jameson is part ferret! I have really noticed him doing this since we have moved to the acre. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining... but I was just wondering if anyone else's furry child did this :?:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Same here....Dexter always goes by the fence! I never thought of it before. He only recently started doing this, he just turned a year old. Wonder if this comes with maturity?

·
Registered
248 Posts
That's amazing! Uma does the same thing, but I had no idea it was a common. Ha! Instinct is an amazing thing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WOW! Another "doo"dle-ism!

I wasn't sure if it was just James that did it. Sounds wierd, but it amazes me that he does this. They are so smart that they #2 where they are least likely to play or run the Doodle 500.

So this must be the poodle in them? Because we have had Labs before and they just go wherever nature calls!

JUST ANOTHER REASON TO LOVE YOUR DOODLE EVEN MORE, I GUESS!!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I've always called Charlie a "perimeter pooper" due to this same habit. I assumed the instinct is to get it as far away from the house or main living and play area.

Deb

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Tanner uses the outside of our backyard but when I walk him, he prefers right smack in the middle of someones yard :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
576 Posts
Sadie really loves the borders of other people's yards as well. She has a few favorites :lol:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Sampson will pee anywhere but always goes a little further out into the woods each time he poops...

Must be territorial because our neighbor's dog goes in the same woods sometimes and they constantly sniff eachother out and have "marking" contests...

·
Registered
968 Posts
SadieFern said:
Sadie really loves the borders of other people's yards as well. She has a few favorites :lol:
I hope its neighbors that you don't like! :wink:
Boo tends to poop further away, too. He also likes to check out his poop right after it comes out. :?

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
beau and max are perimeter pooopers

peanut goes to the other side of the yard and does her perimeter arcing pooping there

·
Registered
659 Posts
Nope... Ozzie (and my Lab before him) mostly goes in a corner on the side of the house where there's no traffic. The analogy that comes to mind is a drunk walking down a city street and he has to relieve himself. He's gonna typically do his business out of sight in a side alley, rather than in the center of a busy sidewalk.

Even when I had a very large, mostly non-landscaped yard in a different part of Albuquerque, my Cattle Dog and Chow preferred to go in one distant corner.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Dexter always goes around the border. Kirby is an interesting pooper...he has to scout out the entire yard to find the perfect place which is normally in the middle of the yard, but down in our wooded area.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
I wish Bogart was a perimeter pooper!! :roll: Anywhere and everywhere!!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Tyke is a perimeter pooper too, except when she is walking on the leash - then she likes to go IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD! What a diva! :oops:

·
Registered
968 Posts
tykesmom said:
then she likes to go IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD! What a diva! :oops:
Ha ha ha! That sounds like ALL of the dogs we've ever owned! During walks they always chose the most visible, embarrassing locations to poop in public!
At the dog park, Boo likes to poop in the middle of the field where everyone can see him. :? Hmph.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts