·
Registered
1,254 Posts
PERFECT :!: :!: Thanks for sharing :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No prob....I've ordered one a few days ago. Boone has mastered the scratch, so hopefully I can redirect it to the bells when it arrives. Rather than chipping paint on the freshly paint door frame :cry:
He still isn't telling us when he needs to go out....but when I put the leash on and take him to the back door he knows to scratch before that door will open.
I'll give a full product review when it comes!
I think we should have an "Off Topic" forums, for products, cutesy little dog poems...etc.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I just bought a poochie bell for Sawyer last Friday! Haven't gotten it yet, but will let you know how it works for us.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I should be getting mine on tuesday or wednesday cuz of the christmas break in deliveries.
I can't wait to try it, I know he will do well with it, he learns very fast.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got mine right before Christmas and I love it! Not only is is sturfy, but is ajustable and sounds like sleighbells (LOL!) you're going to love it. We went patriotic with the American flag theme

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well....I got this thing today, it is so far (knock on wood) a complete godsend!!!!!!! :D
We had him trained to hit the door before it would open, but he never did it unless we had his leash on him and we were taking him out because he looked like he had to go.
I put it up, 30 mins later "ring-a-ding-ding" I hear the little bells....I run out to the back door with his leash, totally forgot my coat and shoes, ran him outside as fast as I could and the little dear had a pee right away!
Feet soaked, getting rained on, it didn't matter I couldn't have been prouder!
He's rang it three times since, and each time we went out and he did business right away. I think it's clicking in. Each time he rings it, whether it's just to be nosey or chew at it a tad we will take him out so he knows that sound means the door will open and he'll get outside. So far each time he's produced when he's rang it.
God only knows how many times he's probably gone to the door in the past weeks, and we just didn't notice!
Now he has a way to alert us, I completely recommend this to anybody thinking about it.
(Gonna knock on wood one more time just incase)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mid day update from the boyfriend....Boone has asked to go out twice, and gone potty both times so far today!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It really is great....we see him act like he has to go out, he runs to the back door, stands there and looks at us like "Umm duh I gotta go" but we ignore him and he get so impatient that he walks right to the door, and swats it!
So of course the sound of these bells is so glorious that we praise him like never before and open the door! Haha it's so cute.
Oh and btw..."the boyfriends" name is Tony.

Yes, yes we've heard it all before about "Tony and Tina's Wedding" hahah :lol:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Cute idea....When the homemade ones wear out I am buying the rope version ....By the way the little video commercial makes my dogs crazy when I play it on the computer...They run up to the kitchen to see who is ring "their bells "..

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
This sounds wonderful, I'm going to include this link with all my puppy info for my new buyers.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It is wonderful! We've had it for almost a week, and no accidents. He does abuse it sometimes just wanting to go out and play, but that's fine by me.
I can hear it upstairs and everything, not that we allow him to be downstairs alone longer than the time it takes to have a quick pee! haha

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok...well it did backfire!
I should have kept my stupid mouth shut. Two pee accidents yesterday...sheesh and he was doing so well.
The first one, was just a spray, he squatted then realised what he was doing and stopped and ran for the door.
Then the second one was about 15 minutes after he had come inside from a pee, he jumped up on the couch (brand new btw) and peed! ON THE COUCH! ?! THE COUCH!?
ARGH....oh well, accidents happen :roll:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Aw, Boone, not on the couch! Don't worry Tina, he'll get it.

We got black poochie bells and for the first week Sawyer looked at us as if he thought we were lunatics ringing those crazy bells! Now he rings them regularly to go out and they are starting to make me a little crazy!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yup on the couch!
Poor kid, I think he knows not too but it just catches him off guard sometimes still.
I know he is getting the hang of it and he has the general idea down pat.
I expect a few accidents here and there till he's older anyways.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts