Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/dis ... id=6560009
Hello,

We have received this e-mail about the animals at the Franklin County Animal Shelter in NC. There are 4 puppies listed that appear to be doodles. You must scroll down to see them on the page. There is 1 black and 3 golden. They seem fairly young and very pitiful. Franklinn County Animal Control will put them to sleep right directly if they are not rescued. Their ID # is K-01-B0019-21. The phone number is 919-494-5274 or 919-571-8208.

PLEASE forward this and do what you can to get the word out about them. Thank you all so much. I wish we could take them in but we are full.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
They look red I can't imagine someone not taking them.

Shannon I must say you really watch these sites and do your best to help these dogs! I'm so afraid of all these breeders just letting these dogs go and not caring about them and where they end up is going to be a very negative thing for the Doodle community.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Those are such cute puppies! I can't believe so many doodles are ending up in rescue situations. When I was looking for mine, I never came across any at rescue organizations and only found them for exhorbitant prices. I would have loved to rescue an older doodle because I didn't really want to start out with a young puppy again. That is just so sad. That other site that someone posted with all the poodle mixes is just amazing too.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Wow...they are gorgeous pups! What perfect coats!!
Doesn't it make you wonder what happened? I agree...I'll never understand this.
But...this is exactly why most breeders believe in early spay/neuter and/or strict contracts to spay/neuter puppies.
Shannon, I want to join the others in their praise of your work and your ethics...you are a remarkably caring individual and I am so glad that you are involved in this rescue site. I believe that through your efforts, many loving dogs have been saved and brought to good homes and many more will find their way. Thank you!

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am hoping to see more of them adopted. The only problem is that some get adopted, and more come in. It is a never ending listing. I do the updates every night, and I take off 4 and add 6. It is just getting crazy! I am so sad at how these pups ended up there. Not even sure if they are GD's or LD's, but they are adorable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts