Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coal is eating the walls of my 9 month old house! I know it's my fault for not watching him but I am still stressed out about it! It used to be that I could leave him in the kitchen unattended in his x-pen while I did things but I just heard a strange sound and went in to see a hole chewed right in the middle ( I don't even know how he could have started the hole!) of the wall that his x-pen is up against. Before this he chewed a corner on one wall and the corner molding on another wall when hubby was supposed to be watching him. Anyway, HELP! What do I do??? :(

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
DANG Stacy!

bummer!!! Looks like Coal needs more to do when he's in his ex-pen. Or he and the pen need to be farther from the wall?

When Yankee was neurotically nesting she litterally dug a hole in our carpet in the walk-in closet...but shoot that's easy to fix compared to this. I can't imagine what this would feel like!

·
Registered
183 Posts
It sounds like your house has that lived in look now! :lol: You can get some horrible tasting stuff from most pet stores--Bitter Apple is one type--to put on the places where Coal should not chew.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since my post I have talked to my husband (who is so wonderful BTW) and he explained to me that Coal is just wanting more attention. So, as I suspected, it is MY fault but geeze, still frustrating! I have told my daughter that now that school is out, a big part of her day will be spent playing with and helping out with "her" dog. He is so sweet and goofy but he really is like my third child - and like having two 3 yr olds. Ah well, we'll get through this and it is impossible to be upset with that ball of fluff. He just looks at me like, "What'd I do wrong mom?". Another thing that is contributing to Coal's suspected boredom is the weather! What can you do with a black hairy dog when the temp outside is 105?! He hasn't had nearly the walks or dog park visits that he got in better weather. I think I will get him a play pool. I bet he would love that! Also, tonight, we will be starting family nightly walks. My son has also been limited in his outdoor activity by the heat and so he can ride his trike and the rest of us (Coal included) can get a much needed walk!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Chester loves his pool. Sometimes he plays other times he just stands in it. Its only been in the 80's here. I can't imagine your 105 degree days!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Leno loves to go to the lake, we try to go everyday. He also likes to play in the sprinklers. I am gonna get a plastic pool, everyone seems to have one and they all like it!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Stacy,

Get the biggest paly pool you can find. Bruno loves his and lays in it for long periods of time. He loves to splash around. You should also look into Doggy Daycare in your area. It is usually not too expensive and well worth it for a few hous a few days a week. My previous dog loved it and would come home exhausted.
Bruno is fortunate to get to play with his brother and another pal across the street a few times a week and that keep him pretty mellow around our house The other thing I do is keep a supply of rawhides and bully sticks around so he has something that he is allowed to chew on.

Take care and stay cool!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I cant believe he ate the MIDDLE of the wall! We had a male schnauzer that ate a corner once.. Maybe a week after we finished painting the laundry room! I guess that is what happens when they get bored though, they eat walls! I am also getting a pool sometime in the next weekend whenever i get a chance to go to the store! Im soooo excited for that!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I hope they grow out of it!!!
...I was just commenting to my husband how our 11/2 year old doodle and 10 month old doodle have not chewed any thing for about 6months.....Only to discover this morning they ate my second pair of glasses in six months...I keep them in the office by the computer so it took some doing to get a hold of them....
Usually they sleep in our room but their was a bad storm and they headed down to the basement and must have decided to devour my lens...By the way the Lens Crafters guarantee does not cover doodle chewing....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts