Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics/videos from Miko's "not" graduation from puppy class. Petsmart no longer considers it "graduation" until passing of intermediate classes.....spelled rip-off! Don't get me started.

Anyway, the other dog is Bentley, a 65+# 5mo Great Swiss Mountain dog.

Miko, Bentley, and Bentley's mommy....

Pre-class playing...or recess....

What we learned.....M rated...... :oops:

Thanks for looking!!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A puppy mill!! She was a rescue dog. That's the main reason we did the puppy class was for socialization. Then we had a class of 2! But we did spend a lot of time in the store doing meet and greets. I must admit, it's turned her around 100% and she's much better with new people. She can still be my little velcro dog though.... :wink:

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Congrats to you Miko!!!!
I am so happy that you learned lots about socialization.
Good for you and great that you have less fear of new people,
places and things. Good Job Miko

Denver

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Good job Miko. Don't worry about the graduation - like the others said, it consisted of playing a silly game and tryinng to get a cap on the dog's heads.

That's funny about the small classes you guys are talking about - we had 5-6 in puppy kindergarten and 6-7 in intermediate...then again, we did take Sat and Sun classes so that could be why.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Dexter delivers a congratulatory Woof to Miko. He's very happy for her, and looks up to her, because he is starting his classes tomorow.

GOOD GIRL, MIKO!!!!!!!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Congrats to Miko and Gene

Funny to see your video of the dogs playing- Sadie just finished an obediance class where the dogs were NOT allowed any interaction whatsoever. Each dog and trainer had to stay in their own "zone" and the dogs were to corrected if they got into each other's space. The instructor said this was necessary. It certainly was a stricter approach than Petsmarts.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Great video...Miko, who needs a silly hat anyway. :( Meeting and greeting and checking out new people and places, that's what matters.

Tanner's class also doesn't allow any interaction either, which is what he spends his whole class doing...trying to get the other dogs to notice him. They are all very serious sorts and doodles just want to have fun :wink: :wink:

Gene I have taken your suggestion and taken Tanner around the neighborhood every evening and having neighbors greet him and then offer him a treat....it is really helping. He no longer hides behind me...just doesn't want them to touch his head... :evil: but he doesn't bolt to the end of his leash.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Congratulations Miko! In our hearts your are a graduate!

I believe that in puppy classes the best lesson they learn is socialization...Miko has that down pat! Good work!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Actually, "interaction" is now a no-no at petsmart, but since there was only 2 in the class....we said to hell with it, and let them play before and after! :wink:

G

·
Congratulations Miko and Tucker!
I can't believe that lady DROPPED her dog! And from the look on Tucker's face, he can't either! :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
hahahha dropping your own dog? hahhahaha sorry but i saw humor there!

CONGRATS TO TUCKER AND MIKOOOOOOOO!!!!!

and Gene exactly what were you teaching Miko in that video? :wink: :D

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Hey Miko and Tucker! Way to go!!!! :D :D
Don't worry about 'graduation' per se....I had to wear that silly hat, and my trainer gave me a Petsmart tennis ball which I promptly ate, and Mom got a magnetic bumper sticker that she put on the car till we got home...then it went in the trash. :shock:
The main thing is that you got to 'socialize' and meet and greet new people, and you got over your fears Miko! Yeah!!!!!

Your pal,
Raleigh! :D

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Raleighsmom said:
my trainer gave me a Petsmart tennis ball which I promptly ate, and Mom got a magnetic bumper sticker that she put on the car till we got home
My Dad got 8 coupons, mostly for food and treats I'm not allowed to eat, and an $8 off a nail trimming. Dad said he wants to know how expensive just a nail trimming is if they take $8 off!! :wink: Dad has started doing ours himself. Jonah and I sit really still for this because we sense dad is nervous doing this!

Miko

PS: Dad wants to know if anyone has nail trimmer recommendations.....anyone??

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
haha Gene :) Actually the nail trimming is $8. If you do the ears and nails then it's $11. If you want the nails rounded out it's more than $8. We do a healthy mix of cutting Dex's nails himself and getting them done there.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Yup!!! Leslie's right...the nail tri, is $8.00....the first time I had Raleigh done there, they went a little to far on one toe, so he bled a little till they put on the Quick-Stop...I hate trimming black nails because you can't see where the quick is....we use a dremel tool for Molly which she dosen't seem to mind...Raleigh on the other hand...well.....hahahahaha...
They put the dogs in a sling at Petsmart so they can't sit or move, which seems to work pretty good!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts