Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having network problems with my old laptop - I'm not sure if my NIC card died or if it is the port, and I'm not sure if I want to spend the $$ on a new card to find out. But the laptop is my "fun" computer and the only one I surf the net on - so until I figure this out you'll only see me on the fly - pm me if you need me :)

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just made the executive decision to spend some of my new puppy money on a new laptop. Annie has software from school that requires a pc, not a mac so I really don't have much choice. The old laptop will probably cost me in the $250 range to repair so I'd just rather spend $500 and get a low end new one. I mean, hey - anything is better than my 8 year old 10gb laptop!

So hopefully I'll be back tomorrow or Saturday - depends on when I can make it to Best Buy.

waaaaahhhhh I hate parting with money! It just kills me!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
good LUCK and you're making a better decision than i did.
I spent the $260 to repair my laptop as it was a high end one 2years ago.
anyway I didn't have the extra $ to get a lowend...I hear there are some great deals for $500
and I hear you on parting with the $$$

Goood LUCK KRISTIN <---see I spelled it right :D
hope you get a great buy!!!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Glad you decided to stay online! I couldn't live without my computer!
It is a good investment...you'll see. :D

·
Registered
2,971 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tip - unfortunately impulse shopping is taking over and I'm going to run to best buy tomorrow morning and buy this...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 9877038820

It got decent reviews on the site and my best friend (Tucker the beagle mix's dad) has it and it seems to love it. I've used it and its not exactly what I would buy but I have to remember this is really for ANNIE and her SCHOOLWORK, and not for me!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
waaahhh I've been calling around all afternoon (while I'm "working" at my friends shop, LOL) and NOBODY has a laptop in stock for under $550 - $600 after tax is my limit. Of course they are all still ADVERTISING the sales, just not honoring them!

I actually think I'm going to have to drive to plymouth tomorrow! This is getting ridiculous!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Hey Kristin - try dell.com or hp.com. I've always found the best deal buying directly from the company. I've been looking and I thought I saw some for around $500 (my old laptop is on its last legs).

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Kristen.....as a former Best Buy employee, they ALWAYS run out of the sale items. If you are looking for their sale items, you need to do it on Sunday, and too make sure you get it, order it on line to pickup at the store. Good luck with your search! :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts