Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the Breeders
What do you guys think of North American Retrievers (Labradoodle/Goldendoodle hybrid) Are any of you considering breeding
them? Why or why not ?
I would love your input on this, as I am very curious about this pairing.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Hi Sue, I have thought very seriously about breeding the North American Retrievers. I know there are several breeders doing it with pretty good results I believe. I'm not sure about the shedding issue with them though but their temperaments have to be wonderful :)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
i myself am curious but also wonder how their temperaments will be along with any health issues and will their coats be more on high maintenance side as to being more poodle like?

i am not a breeder, just a curious doodle mom and genetics though has always been an interest of mine and sometimes i read up on it.

I think if the parents are handpicked so to day for health, temperament, hips, size, coat,etc it might end up being a great dog maybe even more of a true doodle breed in a way to possibly being more recognized?? or it could be totally put down??? Doodles are just gaining popularity though they are widely recognized in the UK and Australia as great service dogs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts