Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our labradoodle is almost 9 months old. She has never shed since we got her at 8 weeks, but I am now starting to find little clumps of hair here and there on the carpets. Could she be losing her puppy coat? Or shedding because of the heat? Or is she turning into a shedder? (hope not!)

Has anyone else experienced this with their labradoodle?

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hi Jannie, of course all of those possibilities could be happening and it will take time to know for sure...but my best guess is that your pup is blowing his puppy coat. This is the right age...and I would not be surprised if the shedding stops or at least really slows down afterward...is your dog an F1? Is the hair coarse?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sadie is an F1B and her coat is pretty soft to the touch. Her hair looks like its been twisted into dreadlocks if you can picture that. Hopefully it is just the puppy coat coming out.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Yes, I can picture that! It sounds like a pretty good coat...I would bet you are looking at your puppy just blowing her puppy coat...I could be wrong...but I don't think you need to worry.
Does your breeder have any other pups from these parents (before this litter) that they can compare your girl to? Sometimes they can shed some light on this.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good idea! Her breeder is boarding her overnight next week so I will ask him then.

Not that it really matters that much, as we do not have allergies. Just nice to give the old vacuum cleaner a longer rest between jobs!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Here's my two cents :wink: My standard poodle would lose little clumps of hair once or twice a year(can't remember now). I would just see them on the floor, they didn't get on us or come out when petting her.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts