Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was out watering my plants this morning and Lani and Toby were doing the doodle 500 and big time doodle wrestling in the back yard. They occasionally stopped to chomp on a dead flower, then Toby decided to chomp on some fresh Lani poop!!! :shock: yuck!!! I scream and he drpos it (I think) and I clean it up. I go out front to water and gate them in on the driveway. I come back and they are trotting around the drive and Toby has something in his mouth that Lani wants, it looks like a piece of wood so I tell him to drop it. He obeys, I say "good Boy" and look down and it is a DEAD BIRD :shock: :shock: :shock: YUCK and GROSS! I played the damsel in distress and yelled for Chris, "Toby had a dead bird and it is on the driveway!!!" He got rid of it and I went looking for a doggie breath mint! Another gross start to my day courtsey of Toby. :lol: Life is never boring with a doodle! They also ate some of my daughter's AP Government notes this morning.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Ahhhhh, just like kids! If there's something gross, or just something they shouldn't have....they have it! What a wonderful GOOD MORING they gave you, huh? :wink:

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Just be glad you caught that before he brought it in the house. Cinnamon brought a live bird in the house once. She had it hid in her mouth when I let her in. She put it down on the kitchen floor and I freaked. It was moving, but dazed enough for me to get it out of the house. I think I washed my hands for an hour after that.

I have no idea how she got it in the first place.

·
Registered
248 Posts
hahaha, that story cracks me up because it's totally something all of us can relate to. Aren't they cute the way they look at you like, "I had no idea I wasn't supposed to eat poo, dead birds, etc," when you tell them to drop it. Uma will cock her head back and forth like she's trying to understand why she should play with such a fun toy. haha. it's a good thing they are so darn lovable!

Katie

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
They also ate some of my daughter's AP Government notes this morning.
I always thought the phrase "the dog ate my homework" was an over used cliche ... with no basis in reality. :roll:

HAH! Was I ever WRONG!!!!!! ]:oops: :shock: :oops:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have to admit that seeing the whole bird is much better than the foot Lani showed up with when whe was about 5 months old! :shock: There is never a dull moment when you have a doodle, or two!

·
Registered
985 Posts
FoodLady said:
They also ate some of my daughter's AP Government notes this morning.
I always thought the phrase "the dog ate my homework" was an over used cliche ... with no basis in reality. :roll:

HAH! Was I ever WRONG!!!!!! ]:oops: :shock: :oops:
Chouette thoughtfully nibbled at a page from the book my granddaughter is supposed to read over the summer for fifth grade! Luckily it wasn't too big a chunk, so we can kind of reconstruct what was on it. At least we have the evidence!

Leslie

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
LISA ....did you forget ---> sympathy is under S in the dictionary? when telling those of us ALSO with two doodles :wink: ....hahhahaa
ONLY 1 bird? there's losing their touch ....doesn't the saying go" kill 2 birds with one stone" then lani and toby could each have a bird in mouth to put in your hand? :shock:

Good job on being the total feminine scaredy cat!!! :D :D

oh no AP homework...not good!!!

Icaught Max here trying to eat my gas and electric bills a few months ago hahhhaaa so i called and paid them via phone. hahhahahaa

Peanut likes dollar bills and will walk around with them in her mouth :shock:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Jonah ate the book "Marley and Me" and now I seem to be missing a Netflix movie!! :shock: I think it must be under the couch or in another "hiding" place. So far I just found little red paper "crumbs"! :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
is jonah related to Max and peanut? or is it OUR DOODLES are learning how to read? i have 10 speciality magazines and numerous books that have either edges chewed off or complete sections gone :shock:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
that's funny lisa - but gross :) So far I've only caught Dex w/part of a bird in his mouth while on leash but I was totally grossed out too!! Not to mention he wanted to give me kisses when we got back :roll:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Ok, I found a dead sparrow in the back yard last week....

Ya think she killed it? It wasn't mangled like she had tried to eat it....I scooped it up with the pooper scooper and was rid of it, before she saw me do it.

My Irish Setter used to catch and hold the sparrows right out of the bushes....bird dog that she was....they would just fly right back out of her mouth the second she opened wide enough.

But Coco??? I don't know about her. :roll: :? :shock:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts