Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is is O.K. to use Johnson & Johnson's "No More Tangles" spray detangler, which is made to help comb tangles out human kids' hair, on dogs? I just found a spray bottle of it in my guest bathroom and assume I bought it for my granddaughter when she came to visit.

If not, is there a similar for-dogs product?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Well they always say not to use these products on dogs but who made that rule the people who sell pet supplies??? :? Really though I don't use human shampoos or conditioners on my dogs but I really don't know if it is bad for them. :?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
cocoandjane said:
Supposedly....and several vets have told me this...that the human products are not good for dogs, the ph isn't right for dogs.
I think sticking to dog products is best. Yes, I think there are detanglers, and dematting things out there. I still like Best Shot products a lot.

http://www.bestshotpet.com/aboutus.html

http://www.dog.com/Search.aspx?query=best+shot
8)
Are these products only available online? I can't find them in any of my local pet shops. Which places have the best prices? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I like the best shot products but I love the Cowboy Magic for very bad mats, I rub some into the mat, it is a gel. In a few minutes I can usually comb through the mat. I also like the Cowboy Magic to rub on Tanner's underside and legs before he goes out in the snow to prevent mats. (I haven't) had a problem with it making my tile floor slippery but he has long hair on his legs and i rub it in well)

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Yes,...I buy from dog.com....occassionally they have it on sale.

annieg~ Where did you buy Cowboy Magic??

8)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This morning I called the Johnson & Johnson company to ask if it was O.K. to use No More Tangles on dogs. The curt reply was, "We don't test our products on animals. Ask a vet."

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Well, sounds like it wasn't a problem for any of those folks!
So I guess the PH factor doesn't apply for this deal.
8)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Years ago when we had an old english sheepdog - who tangled and matted easily the breeder said her secret was to use a cap full of downey fabric softener (laundry) in a pitcher of warm water as a final rinse. Her husband was a vet so we didn't worry and it worked like a charm and he smelled devine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts