Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI...for a change i have a picuture of an immature night garden, meaning it has grow a bit and bloom, vines that need to climb still , as well as fill all torches, and am teaching MAX and PEANUT the word OUT like OUT Out out of my garden hahhahahhahaaa
So like i said this is just a start done in one day for now.

I tend to sit here at night with friends and family and totally unwind. hopefully my pool will be ready by Saturday for a nice night time swim and bring the doodles in too. :D

This is just at dusk before the garden gets lit by torches. This is a birch tree in front of my house

here is same tree at night

AND

a whimsical coffee time planting

A Wisteria tree I trained into tree form that took 8 years to finally bloom and yes a doodle tilted an UNLIT torch hahahhahaa

My Oshu Shidare Japanese Maple i waited 15 years to get and the tree frogs love to hang out in

and a newly planted ruby red horsechestnut tree that 5 hummingbirds visit day and night

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Wow Annmarie! You've got quite the green thumb!!!!! I just love your Nite Garden!!!! Isn't that a Japanese red maple??? All your plants and flowers are absolutelt gorgeous!!!!! :D

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kathie that isn't the regular jap red maple called "bloodgood" this one is different in that it has lime green bark and the leaves during day time have golden mustard yellow centers then the branches slightly droop.
in a nutshell ....yes a red jap maple just a different variety than normal.

when my garden matures or should i say when i finish it will look much better as this garden is only 3 days old. during the winter many of the plants come back inside.

NOW here's something you all can do for fun: go to antique shops ok. Then find a chair with the seat missing and buy it for $5 then plant it like this

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Again Annmarie...Stunning!!! But I have to admit that I'm way ahead of you on this one...I bought an old seatless chair at a yard sale at least five yrs ago, and put it in my garden in New Hampshire....I don't normally buy annuals for up there...all our flowers are perennials...lupine,flox,tulips, monkshood (yeah..I know it's poisonous), euonyimus, bee balm, columnbine, echenacea (cone flower), bleeding heart, astilbe, and a host of others I can't remember.....and naturally those beautiful Lady Slippers...we have about a dozen scattered thru-out the woods...
The gardens are flourishing, and I'll take pix this weekend....most things are in raised beds....and on rock walls...also 'Charlies Garden', where we have a memorial stone for our beloved lab Charlie....

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WOW i can't wait to see your pictures!!! Please take some :D

I have all perennials, shrubs, clematis vines and such, and trees. But in front of the house till the perennials bloom i have on annual garden every year now. in fact my neighbors were askign when i'd have it done hahahah they like to come over and visit for a bit and relax with me at night. they say it makes them feel like their at a resort or in florida which is just the feel i want. it's a nice way to end the night before going to bed.

my driveway comes to life in july and august with tiger and daylilies, red hot pokers, sedums, grasses, coneflowers, mini roses, hostas, and more. i have maintainence free gardens as i don't have time and want to spend my time enjoying our doodles and dave :D

around my pool i have huge fragrant daylilies, clematis vines, grasses and a daisey-shrub :shock: it gets 3 x 3 blooming from june till november

1 - 5 of 5 Posts