Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nicky went to the vet this morning for his yearly rabies and other immunizations. Everyone there was impressed by his happy, tail-wagging behavior. He was the perfect patient and I was so proud of him! He stepped right up on the scale and sat still enough that we could see that he weighed 83 pounds! He's lost 5 since the end of October, but the vet says he's a good weight and in excellent health.

Nicky's afternoon began with several squirrel chases and then he took a nap while I went to the grocery store. When the weatherman in SC says it might snow, everyone is required to go to the grocery store! The place was jammed!

Tonight, after dark, the snow started. When it started sticking Nicky had to go check it out. I watched from inside to see what he'd do. First he had to taste it. Not just in one place, but all over the yard. Next he ran wild Doodle 500s, around and around, and then back again! He was having such fun!

Later, from inside, he watched 3 fire engines roar up our street! I went out to see what was going on. There was some problem with a neighbor's chimney, but I don't know what exactly. I know they use their fireplace, but I didn't see any fire or smoke coming from the chimney or house.

Nicky chewed on a Nylabone while I watched TV and then he helped me eat an apple before going to bed. It was the perfect snack to end his busy day!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Sounds like Nicky had a good day !!

They said we were gonna have snow now they are saying rain

Im so upset, really wanted snow

Hope Nicky has fun playing

·
Registered
94 Posts
When is someone going to write a children's book that features a labradoodle?

There's a children's book about Carl the Rottweiler. Why not "Adventures with Nicky the Labradoodle"?

We could compile the stories from this forum...Like "Bodzin, the Tampon eating Doodle" or "Dex the Detective Doodle and the Case of the Missing Sock"

(OK, maybe the tampon story wouldn't be right for the kiddies...but you get the idea.) There a small fortune to be made here!!!

Any volunteers??

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Nicky had an exciting day!!
Was this the first snow for him? Doodles are sooo cool in snow!!

G

·
Nicky what a fun day you had. My Mom told me about your day. My Mom picked me up from daycare and I slept all night.

Woof
Maya

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
wow NICKY...you had a fun and interesting day! bet you slept good last night :D

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This isn't Nicky's first snow. We had a little bit in Jan. 2007 that he probably doesn't remember and a little bit earlier this year that didn't stick. Last night's snow was 3 or so inches at our house, but this morning's drizzle is making it melt some.

Today he's been in and out so many times I've lost count. The main attraction is the number of birds at the feeders -- 2 pairs of cardinals, numerous finches (both gold and purple), Carolina chickadees, mourning doves, and, on the ground a flock of dark-eyed juncos. Nicky tries, but can't catch them.

I think a Doodle Adventure book is a great idea! Good suggestion!

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
I think a Doodle Adventure book is a great idea! Good suggestion!
Well? Lets just do it!! Annmarie can start!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sounds like a good day Nicky had yesterday. It's nice to go to bed at night with that "All Is Well" feeling. I think sometimes we all have to realize every night before we go to bed, that at least 1 thing in our life for that day can be an "All Is Well" blessing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts