Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI everyone...today i got to spend part of my day helping with my breeder's dog that was having her puppies.
Long story short my breeder was home with her female in labor then both her and her husband were called back to work :shock: And today is my day off and was asked to help out. :shock:

So i sat for 3hours making sure the Mom was okay and just sat there staring at 5 doodle puppies that were only hours old. These little doodles were double the size of her last litter which explains why she had 6 and not 8....unfortunately one little one didn't make it. BUT the 5 that did sure are healthy looking :D and yes I got to hold them too. ohhhhhhhh talk about a puppy fix!!!!

OMG the tiny pink noses, ears and paws, itty bitty tails, hearing them nurse and watching the mom take care of them -----------MELTED my heart.
Luckily the MOM didn't have a puppy stuck inside as was done delivering puppies !! whew!!!
(BIG Thanks to Jac and nancy who answered my calls till i could reach the breeder !!! they were a tremendous help!! my breeders cell phone kept cutting out at one time :roll: )

The basement was damp due to the rain we got and i couldn't figure out how to get the heater on :roll: so i got an another shirt from my truck and put the one i was wearing on the mom and hahhaha the little puppies crawled underneath too.

I was in awe!!!! ohhhhhhhh tiny doodle babies. Hats off to all breeders!!! (as you have to drop everything when your female delivers)
And what a beautiful experience...put sunshine in a rainy day!!! :D :D :D

NO I didn't take pics, forgot my camera as we were nervous the mom was still delivering and i had to get there asap.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Surrogate....yes in a way Maureen and thanks. It was nice to be able to help out a friend and luckily I know her dogs really well too.

Leslie these were Setter-Doodles. So it was Kirby's mom, Brandy, I was with today. She is so sweet natured. gentle, and a great mom.

SUE...I prefer to be the friend who helps out when asked. :D funny my vet keeps asking the same thing hahhahaaa

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Awwww Annmarie.....what a great day you had!!! You've GOT to get back there when you can and take pictures!!! PLLLEEEEEEEEZZZEEE???

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Raleighsmom said:
Awwww Annmarie.....what a great day you had!!! You've GOT to get back there when you can and take pictures!!! PLLLEEEEEEEEZZZEEE???
hahahaa yes i am going to do that in the next few days :D

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
It was an amazing day...one filled with heavenly connections...there is nothing like it in the world...nothing more joyous or frightening!
So glad that there was no pup stuck! I was worried... (but I ususally am!)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just POSTED the pics in the GENERAL DISCUSSION area

it's called PICS of NEWBORN Doodles

1 - 12 of 12 Posts