Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to stop by and introduce my self .My name is Brenda and I am mom to Lilly a F!B chocolate doodle and Walt a black multi gen dole. So glad to have found this site lots of knowledge to be absorbed. Lilly and Walt with any luck should be expecting their first litter at the end of May. We are very excited. I am sure I will be back asking lots of questions. It has been 23 yrs since I helped with a litter of pups. My first question is can or should i continue with her heart worm and flea /tick meds? Thanks in advance
Brenda

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Nice photo...look at how nicely they both sit...good dogs!!!

I'm new here too, but everyone has been as helpful and friendly as they can possibly be. As for me, I just love looking at any and all photos of our wonderful pets :) I'm waiting to get my new pup in a few weeks...

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
HI,nice to meet you Brenda!!!!
nice looking doodles too :D :D :D

you may want to go to the business or breeding issues section and post your questions there? as other breeders can help you with that one. I am just a lil old doodleaholic mom of doodles.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Brenda, welcome aboard, and kudos on that nice looking and well mannered pair. They should give you a lovely litter.

I try to be Really conservative on adding chemicals of any sort to the mix before breeding or while pups are in utero or nursing. Is it really warm enough in MA already to need these meds? You'll have to cross check with your vet for the best path to take.

Best wishes for a bouncing, healthy litter!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Beautiful pups Brenda! Welcome to the forum, and be sure to post lots of pictures of the new babies when you have time!
We live in Connecticut, and already I've picked TWO ticks off of Raleighs ears....WHERE did the ticks come from in the snow??????
I'm sure all the breeders here with their wealth of knowledge will be able to help you answer any questions you have. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Good morning Brenda, what a gorgeous pair you have :) Welcome to the forum,glad you found us. It is perfectly fine to use the heartworm medicine during pregnancy, but DO NOT use any insecticide (flea control).

Good luck with your first litter, we'll all be here for you :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for the answers and all the complements They truly are a great pair of dogs They make me laugh every day.Last night we had friends for dinner and their 8 yr daughter had the both of them wrapped around her finger She would make them stay go hide their ball and , then tell them to go find it and sure enough they came back with it She had such great control for someone who weighed less and is shorter than Walt if he jumped on her,he did everything she told him They were just to funny with her.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
hi Brenda...can i borrow your doodles for a day? :wink: they look so sweet and cute!!! nice to meet you.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Annmaire We could switch dogs for they day Your two are so cute I love your scarf pic, Lilly is often worn as a scarf by my son who is her owner. He still lives at home so we share the two. He got Lilly last winter after we put down our Airedale Ezzy she was 14 yrs old and had cancer.We lasted 5 days with no dog and could not handle it so we started researching and found Lilly in your part of the world We drove out to Auburn NY and got her She became so attached to my son and really is his dog that I got jealous and wanted my own dog So he bought Walter for me and Lilly. I think have 2 dogs is twice as much fun and they have a buddy to hang with These two love each other so much.
Brenda

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Breanda,,,,i am so sorry to hear about Ezzy...but on other hand so happy to hear you now have 2 wonderful doodles Walter and Lilly.

Auburn NY is 1 hour southeast of me.

And you name the day, I have the place hahahaa and i'll trade you for ONE day only :wink: my son 15yr old holds 60lb Max like a baby in his arms :shock: and max eats it up hahhahaaa peanut is my lap dog :wink:

and YES having 2 doodles is great as they are best buddies/playmates.

This morning i actually got Max to fetch his toy at the same toy threw peanut's toy ...they both got their own toys bringing them back to me for more Fetch games. i was amazed cuz ususally max is a toy hog :wink: and peanut 16wks just caught on to drop it, fetch and bring it back hhaha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts