Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LATEST UPDATE (4/2):

The San Jose Romp is a go! Date and time are still the same, and I made a website with photos, directions, etc.

www.sanjosedoodleromp.blogspot.com

April 12th, 12-3pm
at Hellyer Dog Park in San Jose, CA
($6 entrance/parking fee)

:lol: Sharon and Boo

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hi My Boo, have you been in contact with Lucy, the Bay Area Doodle Owners Group coordinator. Last year they put on a Romp Around the World (RAW) in addition to the one in Davis. Maybe they plan to do the same this year? I think they met in San Francisco, at Chrissy Park. But then, of course, I could be thinking of a whole other romp altogether. :oops:

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info! I e-mailed Lucy a long time ago, but never heard back, so I wasn't sure if there was an active group in the bay area. But I'll e-mail her again. Thanks! :D

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Doggonecrazy said:
I realize SF area is closer for you two, but it sure would be nice to see you at the Davis Romp.
Thanks! :) I must admit we're tempted to go to both! (Boo says "Yes yes yes!!") But we've never done a long car ride with Boo before, so I'm a little nervous...

·
Registered
247 Posts
we are kinda in the middle betw davis and san jo but i would really like to attend (getting boyfriend out of bed early on a saturday to make the drive = another story). shaia prefers dogs over people at this age, and it might just be me but i *swear* she always gets along best with other doodles, so i know she's up for it!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Time Change!
Update! The romp time is changing to: 12-3pm. (Same day, same location, etc.)

(Good news for those with sleepy boyfriends....ha ha ha! :wink: )

Shaia said:
we are kinda in the middle betw davis and san jo but i would really like to attend (getting boyfriend out of bed early on a saturday to make the drive = another story). shaia prefers dogs over people at this age, and it might just be me but i *swear* she always gets along best with other doodles, so i know she's up for it!
Boo gets along best with other doodles, too! Actually, he's drawn to doodles, poodles, and labs- seriously! I'm convinced that doodles have "doodle radar" ("doo-dar"?) that helps them find each other at the park! :lol:

·
Registered
148 Posts
I am so excited, we can go! We will be there at the end since Kayley's swimming lesson ends at 12:40. If we leave Alameda by 1 we should be in San Jose around 2. Its only an hour but its better than not going at all. :D

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Doggonecrazy said:
Is there a street address for the dog park so that I can map it?
I don't think there's an actual address for the dog park since its located within the larger county park. But here is a map that shows the park layout (and the dog park location):
http://www.sccgov.org/SCC/docs%2FParks% ... ellyer.pdf

I actually haven't been there (the woman who is organizing it knows it), but Boo and I are hoping to go there tomorrow. We'll go check it out, take photos, and post more info, so that its easier for out-of-towners to find. :)

Here are some directions I found online:
(From http://snowdogsr.us/places/3)
Zip Code: 95111
Description: Very big dog park, mixed small and large dogs.
Directions: Turn onto Hellyer Ave from Hwy 101 and follow it around to the stop sign, go straight, past the ranger parking pay station, and continue straight until you get to the dog park.

More directions:
(from http://www.geocities.com/thetropics/cab ... /info.html)
(note: the entrance fee is now $6)
LOCATION: Hellyer Park Located off hwy 101 on Hellyer Ave. Dog run is near Shadowbluff picnic area. You have to exit to Hellyer Ave west, go straight ahead after STOP sign to the park entrance. There is $4 car entrance fee. Follow the road approximately 0.5 mile and dog area will be right in front of you.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
*sharon* said:
I am so excited, we can go! We will be there at the end since Kayley's swimming lesson ends at 12:40. If we leave Alameda by 1 we should be in San Jose around 2. Its only an hour but its better than not going at all. :D
Yeah! :D Remind me to give you my cell phone number. That way you can call before you leave home to make sure that the "party's still hoppin'"! 8)

·
Registered
337 Posts
I received an email from the bay area doodle coordinator, on another matter, and it mentioned that a Bay Area Romp Around the World was being planned and that more info will follow. (The coordinator has recently returned from being out-of-the country) Maybe there will be three romps to attend. :wink:

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Doggonecrazy said:
Maybe there will be three romps to attend. :wink:
:shock: How about FOUR?!?! :shock: I got an e-mail from the breeder at Harmony Labradoodles and they're going to have a romp on April 26th! (I'm pretty sure this is separate from the Bay Area Doodles romp.) Anyway, the breeder said she'll be putting romp info on her website soon. (No, Boo. We're not going to ALL of the romps! Maybe two. :wink: )

Oh and I checked out Hellyer dog park- will post photos and more info soon. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts