Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last evening, Tim and I were sitting down to dinner. We had taken Tanner out for a quick pee before sitting down. No sooner had we picked up our forks than Tanner started scratching on the family room sliding door. Now he often does this just when we start to eat...an attention getting thing. We tell him, "no" go lay down. He looks at us like we are crazy...goes over to a basket where his leash and poop bags are kept...lifts his head up with a poop bag in his mouth. He is standing there whining with this bag in his mouth. We both say "no way" but Tim takes him out an he produces big time. Now it will be fun to see if he is going to come to us again with the poop bag in his mouth :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I say it's intelligence and NOT a fluke at all.

Doodles do think and remember alot!

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Wow Tanner, you're probably wondering "how clear do I have to be"? Great job Tanner, you are a very smart boy! :D:D

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah!...sometimes I have to almost hit them over the head to get their attention

Tanner

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Wow, now that is good. Really good. Nice going Tanner. Straight and to the point. Now I suppose next you will be showing him how to pick it too!!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Now I suppose next you will be showing him how to pick it too!!
As in pick it "UP" :oops:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Greg ... Am so glad you caught that! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tanner ... way to go! You are such a smart guy! I don't think it's a fluke!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Tanner: finally the training is paying off and your
Mom & Dad get it. Give them two cookies each for
picking up on that great hint.

Your Pal Denver

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sue, you know it is the truth...I have never had such a smart dog...I didn't know dogs were capable of such amazing behavior. And sometimes I wonder if I am up to it :roll:

We use to always say about our last little mutt "Izzy"...that we adopted from the Human Society, we got her for cute not for her smarts. In the 11 years we had her, she still would wrap her leash around every tree we walked passed.
:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
What a little smartie!
I'm of the mind that they know a lot more than we realize, and it's times like that that prove it.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Wow Tanner!!!! You are soooo very smart!!!! And so are your Mom and Dad for catching your cue....how could they NOT be???? hahaha...Way to go little buddy! :wink:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I think you made yourself pretty clear, Tanner!! Smart boy!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
annabelles mom said:
movistar said:
lmtoth2 said:
holy crap! :)
am I the only one that got a chuckle out of that response???
Cracked me up

Good job Tanner !!!
hahhahaa I noticed it but thought with the kind of typos I do lately, i would stay away from that one hahhahahaaa!!!

and NOW back to our regularly scheduled topic:

Annie, I feel like Doodles are not like other breeds of dogs. They have an intelligence to them like border collies where they seem to understand human language and patterns ( like you taking a poop bag out when he goes potty).

Max understands so many sentences whereas Peanut at times is still clueless hahahhahaaaaaaaa then one day the light bulb goes off and WOW she amazes me.

Max will let us know when he's hungry, knows things like" what are you supposed to do" meaning whether its dinner time and he is to sit and wait for the command, or at the stairs and knows then to wait, or when we're by a door or even now when someone visits I don't always say don't jump, rather i say " max you know what you're supposed to do" and he doesn't jump nor peanut anymore :shock:

maybe to some this doesnt' seem intelligent, but its almost like they're half human at times hahahhaaaaaaaaa

1 - 20 of 25 Posts