Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got Dexter a "Jolly Ball". He seems to love it so far. They claim a dog won't be able to puncture and deflate it - we'll see...

G

·
Leslie, it's Bella's favorite outside toy!
It's been about 2 months and no punctures yet...
just a gnaw mark on the handle...

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
we got the biggest one they make during the winter. Max ate through the handle and ball in less than 30min :cry:

and the pics are AWESOME!

·
Registered
985 Posts
The Jollly Ball we got for our Great Dane doesn't have a handle. It's made out of some sort of very hard plastic and was too big for her to mouth, so she just rolled it and was always super focused on it when she played with it, growling and having a - well - ball. We just had to make sure it didn't roll down the bank and into the river, where it would doubtless have become a navigational hazard to small motorboats and kayaks!

I recently recommended it to a friend with four very lazy dogs who don't get enough exercise. Here's the one I was describing:

http://www.amazon.com/Push-n-Play-Jolly ... B0006N9K8O

Chouette hasn't paid any attention to ours yet, but once did try rolling the exercise ball I was using for a seat at my computer. Anyway, because dogs can't actually grab the one I have it seems to be chomp-proof and lasts forever. Supposedly they were developed for, or at least used for, caged lions to give them some diversion. Not sure if that's true or just a neat story!

Leslie

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
If anyone has anything OTHER than a kong that their doodle cannot chew through i'd love to hear about it. I am serious, max is not destructive in any way in our home but with ToyS he can chew through them all in a short time. Even the big tire one is called PUPPY Treads....anyway he can rip the tread off. The KONG is the only toy he can't chew through.
And forget any kind of bone....he splits them or rather splinters pieces off.

Peanut on the other hand is the opposite. She prefers to chew rugs but we watch her 24/7 and doesn't destroy any toys. However she plays with Max .........soooooooo i remember a indestructible ball years ago made for rottweilers, pitbulls, bull mastiffs etc...can't remember the name. Anyone know of it?

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
There are two toys that Tanner hasn't chewed as of date. One is a football. Not a real one but a dog toy one. He loves to squeak it and chew at it but he can't puncture it or chew it up because he can't grip it for long enough.

The other favorite is a 5" plush ball...he has two of these and he takes them everywhere. They had a squeaker inside and he has had them for months. He loves getting both in his mouth at once. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
980 Posts
Don't know about dogs but my horse had a jolly ball and he loved it. It was so cute to see him throw it in the air and then kick it. Once in awhile it would konk him in the head on the way down and then the fight was on. If it could survive horse teeth and hooves, I bet a dog won't kill it (excepting Max, who is a superhero in a doggie suit). :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Rita...that's what i THOUGHT when i bought it. It was in the HORSE section of the store. and smaller jolly balls in dog section. i honestly thought it would last if a horse could play with it. BUT the handle got chewed through down to the ball part and max was then trying to eat the parts he chewed off :cry:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I love that picture and i remember that costume last Halloween and Jonah looks so sweeeeeeeeeeeet and innocent :D

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I know Gene, they grow up so fast.

hahahha remember this one? hahhahaa!!!

AND Peanut at 9 weeks old

·
Registered
66 Posts
I looked at those jolly balls for Hector because he recently started carrying around a hippity hop ball that my little girl has. It was in grave danger, so I went hunting. I didn't think the jolly ball's handle would fit in Hector's mouth, so I went to a local horse store, and bought a Stall Ball. It's one that horses hold and play with. The downside? It cost almost twice as much and although it is very strong and he hasn't popped it yet, it does blow up, and 1 hour after he got it, he managed to pull the plug out of it! Now it's still fun to play with, but somewhat flat-ish! It doesn't really deflate, just gets a little loose! Once again, if I can get my act together and get what I need to post my pics on our new computer, I'll sent ya'll some new pics of Hector doodle. He's looks so grown up! :)
Jenny

1 - 17 of 17 Posts