Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is jonah at about 5 months. he's now 7 mo and 50#. i must say i have learned alot from this forum. and believe me, i needed some help.
hope this worked, i am a computer dunce!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes he is an f1...all tuckered out right now. we had trick or treat and he was dressed as superman. needless to say, no picture yet. i needed an extra set of hands! pictures will be coming though.

G

·
Welcome Gene! You are doing great if you got Jonah in a costume and got pictures taken!!! :lol: Bella is 7 months and I was not brave enough to put a costume on her! :lol: Jonah is beautiful!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Okay, this is too weird! I just posted a response that Bella looks just like my puppies and now your Jonah looks very much like my Bayley!
I actually thought it WAS Bayley when I first saw it!
What a darling boy Jonah is!
And....I can totally relate to both your technical abilities and your photographic abilities! I am glad that you joined us and that you posted the picture. Hope to see more of Jonah!
Here is Bayley:

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Good way to put it! :D
Bayley is very smart...but so loving. She is my escape artist though...I have to watch her every minute when we have an open door!
All of the trainers we have had tell me that Bayley is extremely smart and easy to train because she wants to please me.
I wonder if Jonah and Bayley are related somewhere down the line...it's possible!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jonah too is extremely smart according to our trainer. she said he has the mind set of an 18yo boy. "i know what to do, i'll do it when I feel like it". our latest "trick" is grabbing my shoes, bringing them to me, then when i reach for them, running away as fast as he can. i am trying not to chase after him, i wait til he "perches", then tell him drop it. this works.....until the next time. the hardest part is not laughing!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks...here in youngstown ohio we don't have a lot of doodles, so he turns a lot of heads. makes it difficult with with trying to train him not to jump up on people. they encourage him. with faces like they have, i too would be guilty!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
hahahaha...Bayley does that with a ball! (She doesn't have the concept of "fetch"...)
Where did you get Jonah?
We bought Bayley from a breeder in southern CA but they moved to...somewhere in the south eastrn US... I can't recall now, and they didn't stay in touch. But they were called "Magic Acres" and raised horses too.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i got him from a breeder in canton ; when he was 4mos old ;who with her kids, grandkids,etc, did a GREAT job socializing him. when i went to see him for the first time, one of her 2yo grandkids came running out, jonah took off towards her...my heart stopped...then he sat down & let her pat him. that sealed the deal. of course, since i have no kids...he has unlearned this excellent skill!

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
hey, Gene, welcome! I used to live in VA, and my parents/in-laws live in mid-Michigan so I am flashing on driving past Youngstown about a million times, thru the years!

Your Jonah is adorable, and yes, he does look like Bayley did when she was younger. Best wishes on raising him...you are exactly right about the teenage mentality of his age right now...but hang in there, it will calm down.

I have a beautiful litter from my Yankee, and a fabulous breeder in Utica OH, www.briarcreekkennel.com so there are doodles in Ohio, tho you would need to drive just a bit. We left Yankee to "Honeymoon" there, while we were visiting cousins, siblings and grandparents, and now we've got gorgeous f1b's from that little encounter.

Anyway, enjoy Jonah and believe me he WILL mellow a bit!

When do you plan to neuter him? (That helps too)

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
actually, he was neutered at 5mos. he still gets the "doodle fits" but he is getting better. sometimes he thinks the living room, dining room, hall way are the indi 500, with a quick pit stop in the kitchen for water. i got a little video snip-it with my digital camera, my friends thought it was a video loop til he changed directions. only lasts 5 minutes at a time and he settles in with a chew toy on the couch.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts