Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!
I'm Lindsie, I am new to the forum! My mother and I are new breeders! We absolutely fell in love with the breed so much so that we are now on our 2nd litter of puppies born Christmas Eve. I have a question about multi-gens. Our new litter was born to a F1 Labradoodle (dam) and F1b (sire) would these pups be considered multi-gens? We have met so many wonderful breeders during this adventure, look forward to many more friends on here :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
Welcome to the forum. To answer you question, no, they would not be considered multigenerations. If you breed an F1 to an F1B(aka)F2, then the puppies would be considered F2's. You only go up one generation from the lowest of the parents. I'll look for a link and send it to you, which describes how the generations progress....

Trina
www.tiggerdoodle.com

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much! I really had a feeling they would be considered F2's. I have been advertising them as multi-gens. I will change that immediately. This is only our second litter, the first with this female and male, so any helpful information is always much appreciated.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the tip I would like to consider that. My mom and I are really in this together. She has all the farmland and room. I told her I could handle most everything except the "gross" stuff. I have a really weak stomach so the whelping and the poop and pee really gets me!! But I LOOOOOOOOOVE the puppies and all our dogs, I am actually getting alot better though!! We are still back and forth on wanting to add another female to our pooches. We don't want to make any fast decisions. I believe when it is right, it will just fall right into place.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts