Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to introduce myself to all the fellow "doodle" owners out here! I found this forum quite by mistake... and here's why:

We just recently (in July) adopted a scruffy looking pup from the local animal shelter. We fell in love with his personality instantly! He was good with our children (we have 2 little girls, 5 and 3), had some basic doggy manners, and was playful. Besides, who could resist a scruffy, bearded face? The ticket on the kennel said this dog was an Irish Wolfhound mix. We thought, "Wow, this will be a big dog!" and went ahead and adopted anyway. We dubbed him "Jameson" after a favorite Irish whiskey of mine. Took him to the vet for a check up and some shots and they concurred that he was in fact a Wolfhound mix. So for the last few months we have believed this... until I was looking at pictures of dog breeds and came across Labradoodles!! FINALLY we know what he is! There was a dog IDENTICAL to him in one of the pictures here on the forum!! He is a cream colored F1. We are SOOO excited to finally know his true "identity"! lol! He is just the best dog! And no wonder he had lab tendancies. He cracks us up with his doodle antics- the Doodle 500, Doodle hugs, etc. Jameson is one of the best dogs that I have ever had... and I have had a few labs and a chihuahua. He's instantly made himself a part of our family.

I will post pictures of him soon! :D He looks exactly like Echo...

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Welcome to Doodleland
So happy that your family fell in love
with a Doodle.
My brother who is not a dog person just left
after a short visit. He whispered to me that
he still does not really like dogs but he loved Denver..............

·
Registered
728 Posts
What a fine looking doodle you must have! 8)

Don't you absolutely love the doodle antics? They have such playful personalities and are so caring and loving of their family (and others as well).

Please post pictures when you get the chance, I'm anxious to see him!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
blueteal said:
Welcome to Doodleland
So happy that your family fell in love
with a Doodle.
My brother who is not a dog person just left
after a short visit. He whispered to me that
he still does not really like dogs but he loved Denver..............
When my husband and I were looking at the forum, we fell in love with Denver too!! Our next doodle (when we can afford to purchase one) will be a chocolate F1. Jameson would love a friend!!! :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Great story! How great that you found each other! We have a cream F1 LD also as well as an f1 (we think) Goldendoodle. I can see the Irish wolfhound similarities to the labradoodle and Jameson is a great name.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
HI to the Wallsfamily and I cannot wait to see pics of Jameson!!!
Congrats!!!

Doodles are the best...we have two with tons of laughter and antics in our house.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Oh how wonderful to have a pet that is so good with your young children. I think maybe we could start identifying doodles by their personalities and the fact that they can do the doodle 500, instead of pictures. Congratulations and we can't wait for pictures.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts