Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Super impressed and pleased with our recently acquired recued Labradoodle. I have some questions to aid our efforts as we are new to the Standard Poodle traits.

Skooter will be 2 this fall, We are his 3rd owner. we have a fenced in yard and an 8 year old. He is not our 1st dog. He was aquired this week from a family of 3 kids and 2 other dogs. We are defientely seeing day to day adjusting. He is well mannered and passive, gets along well w/ our 8 year old, friendly to others, but slightly skittish.

Skooter responds well to training commands and will be spending a weekend with us and a family vorder collie, where we hope some good traits will rub off.

1. Skooter is kenneled at night and barks to get out in the moring. However he does urinate when he goes outside. I then go on a 20 minute walk and still no bathroom. Thoughts? He does appear to be house trained, with only 1 accident so far

2. The Poodle circles?

3. High need to stay underfoot, not liking to be in the backyard alone

4. Recoomendations on agood book to better understand the breed and learn training methods

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your doodle, they are wonderful dogs. I think the book listed below might be a good one. I think that the not wanting to be alone in the yard is probably a little insecurity, being in a new home, new people and not sure what to expect. My guess is that with time and your love he will come around. Not sure about poodle circles. Our two (7-1/2 months and 4-1/2 months) turn circles to catch their tails. When you have a chance we would love to see pictures! Enjoy your doodle! :D
Labradoodle: Comprehensive Owner's Guide

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the non urination in the AM

is more confusing. I can think of a dog or human who doesn't do this 1st thing in the AM. He had an accident earlier this week when company came by. Tonight through some energetic backyard play he finally went. I'll be curious on what tomorrow AM brings

1 - 3 of 3 Posts