Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to introduce myself. I live near Portland, Oregon and I'm getting my first labradoodle puppy around January 18 (pups were born Nov 19). My breeder hasn't matched me to a pup yet, but the pups are Australian multi-gen cream / apricots with fleece coats.

I haven't had a dog in about 14 years, but my family had German Shepherds when I was young and I had another German Shepard in my 20's.

So...I have some "dog experience" but I know I'll need refresher information. I've been reading "Before and After Getting Your Puppy" & "How to Teach a New Dog Old Tricks" by Ian Dunbar, "How to Raise a Puppy You can Live With" by Clarice Rutherford, and "Culture Clash" by Jean Donaldson.

Of course, since I've done all of this reading - I'm sure things will all go as perfectly planned!! (yes, I know - you can laugh at me now).

Wish me luck. I'll be reading and posting messages between now and mid January. Pictures will follow, as soon as I get my pup.

Lori

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome Lori!

Poking around this forum will help the time pass until you get your new best friend. Reading the books you mentioned will help too. When your pup arrives you will be so happy.

I read "Puppies for Dummies" by Sarah Hodgson. It was a little over my head, but I learned a lot! :lol: I haven't had a puppy in over 30 years and discovered several things I didn't know....like crate training. I had not heard of crates before reading Hodgson's book.

Did you ask for a male or female?

Dave

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Welcome Lori!!!
Your going to so enjoy having a Doodle, they are soo very smart,
i have had 5 clients recommend Be the Pack Leader by Cesar Millian(the dog whisperer,national geo channel) i love cesar he is a awsome trainer and trains people to get in the mind set of a dog,
i have the book just havent had time to read it yet,,
congrads on the new puppy!!! cant wait to see pictures

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
HI Lori and congrats!!! you'll love the low to non-shedding of doodles :wink:
and can't wait to see pics of your new baby doodle-to-be

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Welcome Lori! How exciting! can't wait to see the new pup!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Welcome! Can't wait to see pictures when you get your pup. There are a lot of very experienced doodle owners here with great info. I didn't find this forum until Henry was about five months old. You're lucky you can do a bunch of research before you even get your pup. Of course, once you get him you'll have a whole new set of questions. :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
WOW!! Thanks for the welcome everyone! This seems to be an active forum, it's nice to get so many replies so quickly.

I have seen picutres of my pup, it's one of these cute babies (Heidi x Legend) from Spring Creek The breeder (Rochelle) matches pups with families, so I don't know which one is mine yet.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Lori2147 said:
WOW!! Thanks for the welcome everyone! This seems to be an active forum, it's nice to get so many replies so quickly.
Welcome Lori!! You get replies so fast because new puppy means more pictures.....and pictures are like life's blood to us!! :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
GENE ...are you part vampire? hahhahahaha!!! :wink: :D

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Congrats and welcome Lori. We are always glad to see new Doodle lovers....and their cameras!!!! You will have a good time here, no doubt.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Welcome and congrats!

When was your puppy born? I'm in the same boat. Mine was born on 12-1 and I'm waiting to see which one I end up with. I'm hoping for a chocolate or cream female.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Welcome Lori! I know the wait will seem long, but enjoy hanging out in the forum here and soak up the wealth of information on it. Can't wait to see pictures of your new puppy in January!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Julie,

My puppy was born on Nov 19. The breeder posted new pictures on her website yesterday,

I'm getting one of Heidi X Legend's boys that are shown here.
The boys are green, red, navy & lime.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
they're gorgeous!! i love the green guy :wink: but the others are just as cute!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts