Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Ok, so I have been lurking for awhile and then had a hard time loging in. I have yet to be able to post pictures.
I have a 10 month old white doodle named Rowdie who is a charm. I wanted advice on what to do with severe matting without shaving but I finally took the big step! Rowdie loves to swim and was losing his puppy coat at the same time. He was very wooooooollllly so matting was horrible. I now have a doodle that runs like a greyhound but is shaved so close that he is pink.(kept his face and head and tale though.)
I think he likes it. I won't do it again but I know it was best. I want to thank you all for all the advice...haven' had a puppy for 20 years. Raising a crazy kid for the past 21 years so have had a touch of empty nest. Any Southern New Jersey doodles here??? Sorry this is so long.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Hi and welcome.

We're in what I would call Central NJ (Monmouth County near the shore). Where in NJ are you?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi and welcome! I too lurked for a while before getting up the nerve to post!

I have a 12 week old black doodle with a wooly/curly coat. I have been in the habit of brushing/combing him almost daily. He especially loves the brush acros his belly, then a nice treat of his Canidae when I'm done. If he gets antsy while I'm brushing, I go in sections. Also I've seen some products you can spray on to help with the matting (makes brushing easier I think??)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
nice to meet you and welcome!!!

oh if you click on the search button.......you can find a ton of posts on grooming, brushes, conditioners etc on matts and/or curly doodles :D

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Hi Rowdies Mom and Rowdie ! Can't wait to see pictures !

Welcome - great place here, everyone is sooo nice.

I'm Mom to Annabelle, absolutely adorable 15-1/2 month old F1BLabradoodle. She is the light of my life and I brag (a lot) lol

Here's my precious

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
A big How Do? to Rowdie and Rowdie's Mom. Not coming from NJ (though I do have a sister in Philly!), but here in Ohio we also love doodle pictures and reading stories about these wonderful dogs.

ps: I was a lurker too! :wink:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
River Rat said:
[quote="Rowdie's mom":3c2psptd] Any Southern New Jersey doodles here???
Hi, Rowdie's mom! Welcome to the forum! We're in Southern NJ, south of Vineland and Millville. Where are you?

And where'd you get Rowdie? We had Chouette shipped from Denver!

Leslie[/quote:3c2psptd]

Hey Leslie! This is Rowdie's sister Lauren (even though I'm the alpha in the family). We are actually from Vineland! We got the Rowders from a private breeder around Egg Harbor Township. It was a one time thing she really wanted to do- she has a labradoodle, and loved her so much she wanted to share the love!

We should set up a play date for Chouette and Rowdie! What do you think?

~Lauren

·
Registered
985 Posts
Rowdie's mom said:
[quote="River Rat":3dwcjh0j][quote="Rowdie's mom":3dwcjh0j] Any Southern New Jersey doodles here???
Hi, Rowdie's mom! Welcome to the forum! We're in Southern NJ, south of Vineland and Millville. Where are you?

And where'd you get Rowdie? We had Chouette shipped from Denver!

Leslie[/quote:3dwcjh0j]

Hey Leslie! This is Rowdie's sister Lauren (even though I'm the alpha in the family). We are actually from Vineland! We got the Rowders from a private breeder around Egg Harbor Township. It was a one time thing she really wanted to do- she has a labradoodle, and loved her so much she wanted to share the love!

We should set up a play date for Chouette and Rowdie! What do you think?

~Lauren[/quote:3dwcjh0j]

Hi, Lauren. I've been PMing your mom and we've been been talking. We're in Port Elizabeth. I thought about a playdate, but we don't have a fenced area and I don't know how Rowdie would be in a strange place.

I hear you're holding down the fort while mom and dad are on vacation!

Leslie

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Welcome Rowdie and Lauren and Kathy and Cooper!!!! You certainly came to the right place for Doodle info, antics, laughter and fun!!!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Quote:
Rowdie's mom wrote:
River Rat wrote:
Rowdie's mom wrote:

I am freaking dizzy now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All I can hear in my head right now is Elmer Fudd's voice ...

Wowdies mom wote:
Wivew Wat wote:
Wowdies mom wote:

And that's all folks!!!!! :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts