Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Everyone--

My name is Jerrie and I am a new member. I've been reading the Forums for several months, now, and decided I needed to jump in.

We bought our Labradoodle, Mosey, a year ago from an ad in the newspaper. She was only $300--should have been our first clue, right?
Well, we were the 4th owner in her 11 month old life. We don't know why she was passed on completely--but she must have been abused. She was afraid of my husband, Jim, right from the beginning. Barked and growled when he entered the room. We took her to obedience classes right away and she performed very well. Now, a year later, she is doing much better. She still shies away if someone reaches out about her head to pet her--have to let her come to you. She is really attached to me--love it!!

My husband decided in May that he wanted a dog that would love him, too. So, we responded to another ad in the paper for a free Golden Retriever. Buddy is a wonderful dog--very lovable and minds well. He and Mosey hit it off right away. Buddy has really been a help in socializing Mosey. She's much better around other people and still will growl at Jim once in a great while--not all the time.

Boy, those labradoodles sure are smart, run fast, and win your heart! She is black with the brown beard and very long legs. And her front toes do curl up when she stretches.

I have a question---did anyone buy a doodle with a cropped tail? Mosey's is only about 3 inches long. Don't know why anyone would do that!!

I really enjoy the doodle forums--they are extremely helpful. Thanks to all of you!!!
When I figure the picture thing out I will send a picture.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Really glad you were able to give Mosey a home after she had such a short tough life. We are my doodle's 3rd home & we (and presumably she) are having a blast.

I can't imagine why anyone would crop a doodle tail? Maybe Mosey was in an accident or something? That's quite a mystery.

Glad Mosey got a good home.

LizziesMom

·
Registered
689 Posts
Welcome to you "Third Time's a Charm" people. I'm so happy there are people with so much love and patience in their hearts for these furry goofballs!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
one of my pups tail had a little bend in it, I decided to crop it as a pup.

welcome to the forum by th way!! glad you are here!

G

·
Welcome Jerrie!
Yes, my puppy had a cropped tail. Not sure why. The last 1 inch end of her short tail is all Lab hair, the rest of her tail and body is curly! I'll try and get a picture.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
welcome jstuenkel

wow...here i have been thinking for 2mos now
Am I the only mother of a doodle with a naturally born cropped tail with a crook in it too!! it is hysterical to see this wavy, curly 6in stump wagging crookedly.
Max was born this way and his tail looks like his dads ( a std poodle)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, MaxandMe. I'd like to think she was born that way! I love it when she gets excited---her whole rear end "wags". Not much tail to swish around.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Linda-

Bella's tail looks exactly like Mosey's--about the same length. Doesn't take away from a wonderful dog in anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts