Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to introduce myself! I have a nine week old male Labradoodle! Mother is a Chocolate Lab, father is a standard white Poodle. I must admit after reading this forum, I believe I bought him from a BYB, but she had very nice kennels, and they were very clean. He has had a little poopy problem, but vet checked him out, no worms, no coccidiosis, no giardia! Hope I spelled that right! She said she was selling pups cheap because they were all black! I drove 3 hours to see the pups, they were adorable! She did have a contract with a 2 week guarentee, and a copy of shots and worming. I could not resist! I chose the largest calmest, softest, wavy boy! He is beautiful and wieghes 15lbs. at 9 weeks. He is not calm any longer, he is a total little terror! His name is Benson.

Denise

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
welcome Denise!

And by the way I am a BACKYARD BREEDER - or at least a HOBBY breeder! But I offer a full 2yr guarantee, so I try to work like a professional - just on a small scale.

Good for you on taking your puppy to the vet right away - since you just have 2 wks to figure out if there are any health issues.

and post away....welcome to you & Benson!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Congratulations! Your puppy sounds adorable and that's a cute name. I got my "Doc Holiday", Doc for short, from a backyard breeder too, but, I did get a two year health guarantee against genetic defects. My guy is a bit of a terror too, but, at six and a half months he's settling down some. I hope we can see a pic of your cutie sometime.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Maureen, I was wondering why you would even call yourself a BACKYARD BREEDER??? I have have visited your website, I don't think a breeder has to be large scale to be considered a professional breeder, my guess is that your puppies and all those from small scale breeders get more attention and LOVE because you are small. I am in no way an expert, but I have done some limited research because some day in the future I would like to breed F1b labradoodles, you do not qualify as a BACKYARD BREEDER! Please rethink how you refer to yourself!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi Denise and Benson,

We are also new doodle parents! We have a 7 week black little girl, named Kenai. We picked her up on Saturday as well! She's only 8 1/4 pounds, and was actually a little smaller than her littermates. Your's is a monster! Ours is very laid back but does love to play with her toys. She's already learning to go potty outside, not inside, and slept more than 6 hours last night.

Have fun....we sure are!

Cathy

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi Bandicoot!

Kenai is pronounced "Kee-nie" with the accent on the first syllable, and the last syllable rhymes with "pie". It is the name of a world famous river in Alaska (for it's record breaking salmon that spawn there), and also the name of the peninsula just south of Anchorage that we have visited several times and just love.

I like your defininition better though!! It fits her to a tee!!

Thanks for the info.

Cathy

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
First welcome to the forum for all the new people and their doodles.

2nd Maureen quit calling yourself a BYB if I see you are hear you do it again I'm going to drive up and sit you down and have a nice little chat!! :wink: :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts