Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Forum Friends!

I'm a brand new owner of a Labrodoodle and am so excited about this little girl. We got her on New Year's Eve. She weighed about 9 lbs then. Two weeks later she is now up to about 15 lbs. She is really growing fast!

Below is a photo that I took 2 days ago at 8-weeks old.

Other pics can bee seen at:
http://www.gadoodles.com/images/Bryan/Hershey_Web/Hershey.htm

By the way, she is really a handful right now. Some of your stories have me worried. She's into everything!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, she's already quite the charmer. Just look into those eyes and your heart melts (even while trying to pull down the dining room curtains). :( :D

Bryan

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Welcome to the forum of doodle addicts! You've got a cute little girl there. Your site is great! nice pictures. I'm waiting to see the destroyed toys pics! :wink:

G

·
She is beautiful! Look at those eyes! Very Pricess Di :lol:
And the little white patches on the tips of her toes! Adorable! Congratulations!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Most of your pups have gone through some radical
transformations as they go through their first year.

I know that the hair will change, but what else can
I expect? Physically, emotionally, psychologically, etc.

Bryan

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Welcome Bryan and your little sweet Labradoodle! I love the white tips on her toes...and that look! Linda is right, very Princess Di!
Oh, goodness, if we told you all of the things to expect...you'd be prepared...where's the fun in that? :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Jac said:
Welcome Bryan and your little sweet Labradoodle! I love the white tips on her toes...and that look! Linda is right, very Princess Di!
Oh, goodness, if we told you all of the things to expect...you'd be prepared...where's the fun in that? :wink:
I have to agree with Jac...if we told you what's going to happen then
YOU wouldn't be surprised!! hahahahaaaa

She is adorable!!! our labradoodle only had a wavy going down his back. Now he has a wavy shaggy fleece coat.
Hershey has the Doodle eyes!!! she is precious!

Here's a hint Bryan: Hersey will find every sock in your house.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Yes, and pleae everyone, do not forget to tell him about the toilet paper and paper towels and napkins that these guys are obsessed with. They do calm down a lot, and they will make you laugh every day. Mine still take curtains down at 1,2, and 3 years of age..

Oh, and wlecome to the forum and she is a doll!!!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
You guys are so funny, but they are right they do tend to cause a little terror in your daily life from time to time. Tejas mostly likes Gracie's ears it's so funny he will sit by her and mouth on them they will be soak and she sits there and lets him. :roll:

G

·
It probably feels good to Gracie when tejas chews her ears....you know how they LOVE to get their ears rubbed :lol:
The best part of a new puppy is watching how the family falls in love..one by one...like dominoes, they just fall head over heels :lol:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks, everyone! I am really looking forward to this doodle experience like no other pet before.

And it's amazing how perfect (and imperfect) strangers are attracted to this cutey!

Thanks again!
Bryan

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hi Doodledad and WECLCOME!!!!!

You have one adorable baby, and awesome pictures!

The early days can be hard at times, but for most of us it has gotten better over time.

Hang in there - its a labor of love - worth the effort a million times over!

The forum members have helped me and my 5 month Lexi SOOOOOOOOOOO much.

All the best to you, we're in it together. Don't be afraid to ask... just about anything.

LET THE FUN BEGIN

Maddie and Lexi

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
lieverdmom said:
Bryan, congratulations on the new pup, and great pix. Hide your socks!

She's definitely a cutey, great eyes.

Deb
OH one more thing: keep your Toilet Paper under lock and key :wink:

·
Registered
483 Posts
OH one more thing: keep your Toilet Paper under lock and key
Gee whiz, toilet paper streamers were a big thing when I was in high school, but I don't remember the dog being involved.....

Another TP trick was we did once was was toss a roll out the window of a light aircraft, then fly under it a couple of times to get it unrolled into a loose ball, then straight through the middle of it ... SNOWFLAKES!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Deb! You devil you!!! hahahaha Man, what an imagination you had!

When you mentioned TP tactics, I remember when I was toilet papering age (maybe 47 or so...not really...high school, guys, high school!) we went to a house where the "handsome, popular, unsuspecting, star athlete" was living...ready to make his house unrecognizable...but he had heard we were coming and let his dog out! Well...the dog barked, snarled and scared us half to death, then someone tossed a roll over a tree and the dog took it and ran...shredding all the rolls into tiny bits all over the lawn! He, and we, had a ball...I wonder if that dog was a Doodle!???

·
Registered
483 Posts
Gotta love that dog, Jaque!

I can't claim credit for the imagination on the Snowflake trick. I'll have to blame that one on my areobatics instructor. When he told me about it I had to try it and brought a roll on our next lesson. I'll bet he'd long since discovered it was a great teaching aid.

We had a little old widow who was a high school teacher. The poor gal lived on a corner with a tree just above a Huge Long terrace, and if we could get a roll over a branch on that tree it rolled all the way to the street below. She really got more than her share of business.

Another time my best friend had gone to the movies and left her Dad's '56 Dodge station wagon parked right in front of the Police Station. When she emerged from the theatre and saw the inside of the wagon awash in paper, the first word out of her mouth was my name! She knew exactly what had happened. :twisted:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts