Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please contact me if you are interested in a rehome. This lady has had a family emergency and is bringing me her 6 month old puppy to rehome as she is leaving for an indefinite amount of time to take care of her ailing mother. She truly loves her dog and is having a very hard time with this situation. I will copy part of her letter to me below. Please contact me initially by e-mail to see pictures and interview for adoption of this Golden Standard F1 Scruffy coated Labradoodle puppy.

"Bugsy really doesn't have any bad habits that I am aware of. He is almost house trained or I am.
He does his BM right after he eats, and at other times. I take him out side
after he eats. If he has to go out he will sit by the front door. He doesn't
bark or whine so if I don't notice he is there he will BM by the front door.
He has never wet in the house. He is crate trained so if I can't stay right
with him I will put him in the crate. I never let him loose in the house
alone. He will sit on command, he will fetch and my grandkids have been
trying to teach him to shake hands. He loves to play with kids but he can be too rough, so he needs to be supervised. He is also too rough with cats. He doesn't want to hurt them but he is way to big to play with them. He is very healthy and has all his shots. Not neutered yet. If he rides in a car he needs to be in a crate or in the front seat it makes him nervous to be loose in the car and he will poop. He has been to the groomers once and was very well behaved. He eats Iams smart puppy for large breed. He eats about 5 to 6 cups a day and he only eats in the
am and in the evening. He is a real sweetie. When I brush, scratch or pet
him he almost melts. He goes into a trance! He is not a barker, but he will
bark at other dogs and if there are men he doesn't recognize. If you have
any questions let me know."

I will soon put pictures of Bugsy on my website. Just give me a few minutes to work with that--LOL! Otherwise I am happy to e-mail you pictures.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Lee Ann-
Bugsy is ADORABLE! I was about to e-mail you about his pictures and I saw that you posted the pics on your web site. He looks just like my Summer. I am begging as we speak. How much does he weigh?

Bridget and Summer

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bugsy pictures and arrival

Bugsy will arrive here at his foster home around noon tomorrow for temporary living arrangements until we find him the right forever home! His pictures are now on my website under "Bugsy the Labradoodle." Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thanks,
Lee Ann

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good Question! He is a big standard, so I am thinking he will be about 75 pounds or more when he "grows up." He is probably 60 pounds now, but I am guessing.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, Bugsy is Zoey's sister! This is the puppy I called Lounge Lizard. He was the first one out of the door to bask in the summer sun and the one that loved lying on the ramp. Do you remember those cute pictures? He has been a total love bug since he came out. I am excited to see he and Pacino side by side tomorrow.

I won't let him go until it is the right fit!

Last time I did a rehome, I kept the dog 7 months before the right fit came along! I must have had 30 serious inquiries before I found the right family. It can be an exhausting process to make sure they get into the right home, but it is truly my devotion, so I take it very seriously.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bridget just picked up Bugsy aka Lounge a few minutes ago. I think it was love at first sight on both sides. I cried to see him go, but that is how it goes :cry: .

·
Registered
228 Posts
How great that Bridget was able to take Bugsy! At least you won't lose track of him Lee Ann! I love this forum because it seems that if a dog needs a new home, one of the forum members opens their heart and home. Also, you breeders who truly stand behind these pups and take them back months or years later to rehome should be praised for your efforts. Great things happening all around on this board! I love it!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Congratulations Bridget...Zoey and I cant wait to see the pics of her brother...and I guess technically he is Nezzie half brother ...you will love him....Six months is a great age...they are still puppy like but with lots of the other demanding habits that a young puppy can have....

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hey everybody-
Yes, we are now a two dog household! YAY! Bugsy is absolutely wonderful! He is such a lovebug- he just wants us to pet him and he leans against anyone that will let him. Summer and Bugsy slept pretty much the whole way home- they are completely in love. Poor Bugsy can't get away from Summer long enough to even sit down! She just wants to play and play- but they've been great about sharing toys, water, food, and the couch! We're all in love! Thank you so much Lee Ann for all of your help, and for our wonderful new addition! We're all exhausted now (it's 1:30 AM! yikes!), so I promise I'll post pictures tomorrow!

Bridget, Summer, and Bugsy!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am glad you made it home safely! I worried myself into no sleep thinking you were doing the whole trip in one day. You could have stayed here and chored with us instead--LOL!
Did Summer and Lounge like the lake? I walked his brother Chino aka Pacino down there yesterday evening. He was exhausted after the 5 mile hike! Check your Yahoo Messenger when you wake up. Call or e-mail me if you have any questions.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts