Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the girls are 10 months old now and daddy wants to get rid of the dogs. He knows I will never part with Buster our doddle for those who do not know me. But Ruby sttepped on little Saras head the other day and he really wants me to get rid of her. I am torn and do not know what to do ( Ruby is our 23 month old standard female poodle) I feel that if I where to sell her in a local paper or even online she might go to a puppy mill type breeder and I do not want that for her. I have thought about getting her spayed then I would know a breeder would not take her. I just do not know any ideas?

·
Registered
853 Posts
I don't have any advice for you really, but, if you don't find a home by word of mouth, the Poodle Rescue group would help you rehome her. Standard Poodles are VERY few and far between for adoption and they have a very extensive application process.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
I know of a good breeder looking for a female Poodle...and I know that Ruby is beautiful...hold off a few days and let's see what can happen.
Has Ruby been tested for any of the genetic diseases?
I don't believe she has had a litter yet, has she?
Feel free to contact me personally with any info...
What price are you looking at?
Is she registered?
The usual questions... :eek:)
I can't believe your girls are getting so big! My goodness! That is great to hear...it seems like just last month we were all watching you during your pregnancy...I'm so glad that the girls are doing well.
I can understand daddy's concern...you have both gone through a lot of prayers and fear for their health and now that they are growing and thriving, he wants to protect them.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
What a shame but I do understand you guys have been through so much. Let us know if we can help, there are a lot of breeders that would take her in and not breed the life out of her so please consider that also in your search if you want I can post on some other sites and have them email me and help you pick the right breeder, I retire my girls early at 4 to 4 1/2 so I would not want her with someone that would be her for years. Let me know if I can help you.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ruby has not had a litter yet no testing has been done, she is ckc and akc registered. I have complete rights to her with the akc. I was told some breeders sell you the dog with papers but you can not breed them because it depends on how much rights they give you.

I would like to get the 500.00 I piad for her if I can not talk hubby into keeping her my mom and everyone keep saying she will calm down as she gets older? I also wander if I spay her if she might calm down some that way. I would rather be able to keep her even if we can not breed her no puppies but I would still have my fuzzies.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
dustymack....i sent you a pm a few minutes ago.

Just last week I emailed and called poodle rescue. I would like to talk to you about Ruby.
Our baby Max a black labradoodle is 6mos old now and I was debating on getting an older poodle versus another doodle puppy.
The only poodle available has many problems and not sure if it would work with Max also a male.

I would like to discuss more about Ruby as we are looking for a family pet/member for all of us and Max. There's myself, my fiance and 2 older teenagers here. If you don't get my pm i sent please pm me for my number. Thanks!!!
Also do you have any pictures of Ruby? though my real concern is more of her personality as that is most important to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts