Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Much to my dismay, it seems that the breeders in my area that I can find charge $2500 for a puppy! Can anyone recommend to me a breeder that's a little more affordable?

I would be willing to pay up to $1000 for the right dog - we are looking for a standard sized labradoodle, fleece coat, some shedding is fine, allergies aren't a problem in our house.

I know that doodles are in high demand now, and the price often will reflect that, but it is worth asking!

a pic of the labradoodle that caught our eye 8)

G

·
Hi and welcome.

I got my puppy when she was older and I got her for less than what the breeder was originally asking. Also Maya was shipped to me from Canada. I know my breeder has some older puppies (goldendoodles) now that are older. If you would like pm me and I will give you the info.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hi...there are some good breeders who will sell pups cheaper, especially if they are selling F1s and sometimes F1Bs. It sounds to me like an F1 would be ideal for you and, in fact, the picture you posted appears to be an F1.
You can usually find a good breeder (very important that you don't settle for a back yard breeder or puppy mill) that will sell for under $1000. You can also look at rehome and rescue dogs, but that can be a frustrating ride! (You get all excited and have to wait and wiat and sometimes you get your dog and sometimes you don't.)
I am going to send a PM to you...so, look at the top of the page, where it says "you have 1 new message" and click on that...

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
hi, one of our favorite and first-born f1b's lives outside Manchester NH!

I was able to deliver the puppy, and I've never been sure, but I think one of the reason that family found me was because of the high prices. One of the reasons I could deliver the puppy was a good airfare!

Even F1b litters have a couple puppies with the scruffy look you like... by the way, check out www.goldendoodle-labradoodle.org for reputable breeders that test their dogs carefully before breeding. :D

best wishes!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
blueteal said:
I absolutely love the scruffy f1 looks
When it is time for more I am going back to the breeders of F1's
me tooooooooooo sue, love that scruffy look though i must say peanut looks like a polar bear at times hahahhaha

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
hi guys! its a long distance relationship :) someone I met a long time ago and you know me I love to talk. well they ended up getting a pup and testing it and now breeding his first litter, but their breeder is no help (afraid of competition I suppose) so he contacted me with a question and we have been talking daily ever since. I will never forget how Jac helped me in my beginnings and I want help too. This guy is a great puppy dad and wants to do all the right things so I have given all honest advice from birthing to pricing to advertising etc. His pups are adorable... Maureen he has a brindle and possible phantom! You guys should chat!

I have a pup in Texas and in Illinois that may be ready this spring and of course I will doula then too! Still thinking I should start a business I could use the extra cash!!

ps real baby is big and takes up a LOT of my time LOL

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you guys have been awesome!! thanks everyone for all your help!

we are sending a deposit in on a litter that was just delivered last week - i will post pics as soon as we choose one!

here's to a christmas doodle =)

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
YEAH dreamer! I'm glad you were able to find a pup. I imagine it seems like a long wait till you actually get it, but time flies by so fast and this will give you time to puppy proof your house a bit!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Wowie, good news all around!
Congratulations to all!
Micky...I'd love to see pictures of your human baby!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
dreamer728 said:
you guys have been awesome!! thanks everyone for all your help!

we are sending a deposit in on a litter that was just delivered last week - i will post pics as soon as we choose one!

here's to a christmas doodle =)
CONNNNNNGRATSSSSSS :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Close - Baltimore - so a short cheap flight away, really! The breeder is a friend of Mickey's (movistar) on here - he posts too but is relatively new to the forum =)

I am very excited - we picked out our girl, and are anxiously awaiting the next few weeks to go by so we can go get her!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts