Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wellll.....since AnnMarie insisted ;-) I am introducing myself now =)

My name is Adina and I'm married to a cute guy named Clark. I live in Walla Walla, WA and my day job is dietitian for a local hospital. When I started dating Clark, he had a border collie named Cass. He suggested I look into labradoodles when I began my endless talking about getting a puppy for myself. I fell in love with their look even though I had previously only thought short haired athletic looking dogs were attractive. Note I was into "attractive" dogs because I was NOT a dog person and so I had to pick by looks =) But now I think doodles are the cutest thing ever.

So eventually after lots of research I settled on a breeder and put a down payment on my pup. In the meantime I perused poomixrescue.com (which was called something else then) and breeder sites for the heck of it and came across a cute black labradoodle called "Truly". I emailed Clark and sure enough he was interested in her as a second dog since Cass was getting older (though far from "OLD"). A few days later Truly, renamed Thule (say Too-Lee) became his!

A couple of months later we brought Rosco home and the rest is history.

I don't yet know how to post pics on here so I'll just say this:

Rosco is apricot/red and very doodley and 85 hulkin' pounds and 27.5" to the shoulder. He's a mellow, well trained dog who passed his Delta therapy dog test last November and turned 2 y.o. on Feb 11.

Thule is a smaller (60-ish) and more "feminine", black and has more of a terrier appearance with lighter colored highlights on her muzzle. Her ears often look like pig tails when she bends over or looks down...i LOVE that! She is a lover of all and an out of control licker.

I've run across this site before but never really looked around...I'm usually on the Zoo and elsewhere. But I'll try to stop in now and then. And if anyone wants to tell me how to post pics I'll post a few =)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
welcome Adina and Gene posted a sticky on how to post pictures and Mary put the photobucket link up. :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh I can do that!

I have two photobucket accounts as one wasn't big enough to hold all my doodle pics. But I was trying to use the code buttons above, apparently incorrectly.

Is there any way to post pics from other websites using the URL of the picture?

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Welcome Adina!!
Can't wait to see pics of Rosco!! :D

·
Registered
350 Posts
WELCOME!

I love the look of THULE. Very unique. She looks like another ld on this site. Check out Blue Teal's dog named Denver. Looks like the only difference is the color.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Welcome! Great pictures!!!
Rosco is an interesting color... he looks between red & chocolate color wise.......neat color!!
Who is Rosco's papa? Very large, red, mellow, service dog ....sounds like Marley's dad's line.....his breeder has a friend in Washinton that uses her studs too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thule and Rosco

Thule is sweet in the way she crosses her paws...makes her look so feminine =)

Rosco is out of David an apricot standard poodle that Living Streams Labradoodles used for a couple years. Rosco is not chocolatey at all in real life...pure apricot and sometimes a little more reddish than that.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
WOOOHOOOO
Heyyyy Adina!!!!
Nice to have ya here!!!!
You are just gonna love it!!
most of the folks are just awsome,,,, :shock: :D
So very glad you are here!!!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Hi Adina,

I thought your name sounded familiar (I lurk/occasionally post on the DoodleZoo) and now that I see your doodle's photos I definitely know I've seen them on the Zoo before :D Welcome.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I love the pictures and just about fell out of my chair when I saw the picture with the paws crossed!! My Casey does that also. I think it is part of the poodle trait, I adopted my Mom's toy poodle after she passed away and he did the same exact thing.

Welcome to the forum!!

Bark Ya Later
Rose and Casey

1 - 17 of 17 Posts