Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

After hours of scanning the board and researching, I finally decided to switch Wilson over to the Nutro Natural Choice Lamb and Rice.

We started with 1/4 cup new, and 1 cup old. Stool got a little soft, we added some pumpkin and everything firmed up nicely. Stopped the pumpkin and the poop is getting soft again. Still on the 1/4 new & 1 cup old ratio.

Is this just not boding well for the new food, or should I keep adding the pumpking and continue the transition to the new food??

I feel a little silly as I never worried this much about my kids' food and bowel habits... :oops:

As always, the help and advice is greatly appreciated!

-Trish

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
HI wilson's mom.
I have tried 6 foods till i found one so far that is helping out Max and now peanut. BUT I go real slowly!!! how slow? max and peanut got 1/8th cup added to 2 out of 3 meals a day for 3 days...then 1/4 cup day 4 , 5 and 6 12 cup....MOST don't go this slow but Max has been on speicial bland diet for 10 weeks. I am using CANDIAE...as they have firm poops, no sbd's, and digesting it well so far.

Max never did good on lamb and rice though many do. Andmany here will tell you what their doodles do well on.
Which may further confuse you? hahhahahaa

Ask your vet about Pepto bismal as occaisionally i have added a teaspoon mixed to one meal a day to help if their stool got mushy when i ante'd up the dry food amount.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts