Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of a sudden since Dex has been able to play with Kirby again post surgery (this means the past 3 days), the boys have added a new element to their play and I'm not sure what it means. In the past Dexter would not show his belly with Kirby next to him, but check out this video...

Do you think he's becomming more submissive or is this just some sort of way they are playing? Dex submitted early on to Kirby and never really tries to take dominance...I find it all cute, but then again I don't understand dog language :)

Oh yeah - Kirby has also been a humping machine, but Dex looks like the happiest doodle in the world...so he seems to be enjoying all of this.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I bet its because of Dexter's surgery. Was his belly shaved around the area of the stitches?

Lucy, the foster doodle, had her spay on Monday. She can't really reach the spot to lick it herself but she lays down and lets Charlie investigate. He must find her belly stubble fascinating and he usually gives the stitches a good sniff to make sure she's OK.

It's really kinda sweet. I don't know if they do it out of kindness or just curiosity.

Deb

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bet its because of Dexter's surgery. Was his belly shaved around the area of the stitches?

Lucy, the foster doodle, had her spay on Monday. She can't really reach the spot to lick it herself but she lays down and lets Charlie investigate. He must find her belly stubble fascinating and he usually gives the stitches a good sniff to make sure she's OK.

It's really kinda sweet. I don't know if they do it out of kindness or just curiosity.
yeah he has a bare belly. Kirby is definitely sniffing around the incision. Dex was never one to let Kirb investigate anything so this all intrigues me...they are quite happy and extra playful so I think it's all good...

please post photos of Lucy and Charlie when you have a chance :) Are they getting along well?

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
ohhhhhhh that is sooooooo sweet!!!
and Kirby is being a good caring loving buddy :D

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Leslie....don't really know what it means, but that's the cutest video I've seen in a long time and made me laugh out loud. They sure look like best budds! Jonah and Miko do that with each other, switching rolls once and a while. Miko and Rumor will lay together on occasion....Jonah and Rumor.......NOT! :wink:

G

·
That's adorable!
Here is the dialogue:

Kirby: "DUDE! I heard Mom and Dad say that you could have DIED! What happened when you went away overnight?"

Dex: " Oh, it was awful! They cut me on my belly...wanna see?"

Kirby: "Well, it looks ok now..."

Dex: "Are you sure? Here, look closer!"

Kirby:" I licked it, all better now. Don't scare us like that again! I was lonely without you!"

:lol:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Cutest, sweetest video of the month for sure!! Thanks for posting! :D :D

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
WAY COOL! These dogs are very attentive to injuries. Last week my wife stumbled and skinned her knee. Abby has been caring for it daily she insists (really) on licking it even if there is a band aid. I read that dogs were used historically in wartime to lick the wounds of soldiers because their saliva (dogs not soldiers Gene) is antiseptic and the wounds healed faster :idea:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Oh how sweet....it looked to me like Kirby was being curious and careful around Dexter's incision. Especially poignant if Dexter wouldn't show his incision to Kirby before. Very sweet gesture, and Kirby responded just as sweetly.

·
Registered
120 Posts
That is so sweet!!!!! It's like he was asking him if everyting was ok and makind sure it wouldn;t hurt him to play! Awww that is adorable! Love the video.
That is the perfect video to show to someone who asks about the tempermant and/ or personality of a doodle!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Great Vid Leslie!!! If I show that to my wife, she will be wanting another Doodle instantly!!!! Great to see them get along so well.

·
Registered
385 Posts
That is VERY cute! In contrast to my doodles that wrestle around and make wookie noises at each other while bearing their teeth. Your doodles look so gentle!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That is VERY cute! In contrast to my doodles that wrestle around and make wookie noises at each other while bearing their teeth. Your doodles look so gentle!
haha...trust me they do more than their fair share of that :) I was so shocked by their gentle behavior w/each other that night and that's why I got out the camera :) Most of the time it's wrestling/wookie noises/teeth snapping going on :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts