Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm a new labradoodle owner and was really excited to find this great resource! I haven't had a new puppy in over 20 years and this is my first experience with a labradoodle. We haven't had a dog around at all for almost 7 years.

My doodle Dante is now 12 weeks old and 15lbs, we first met him at 3 weeks. He has a velvety soft coat which I hope he keeps but is already starting to lose his jet black color. I can't decide if he is going to go totally silver or just phantom. I think he is considered a 2nd gen. (His mom is a F1 and his dad is a 7th gen Australian)

Home life is great but puppy socialization class is a whole different ball of wax. I thought for tonight I will stick with an introduction and ask behavior questions tomorrow!

I'll try my best to insert a few photos but no promises! I have so enjoyed looking at all the other posted pictures - it's habit forming!

Heather

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Hi Heather and welcome
Your puppy is stunning!!!
Denver is also my first dog in over twenty years.
Lots of things have changed in dogland but the people
here are amazing and great wealth of information. Look
forward to your questions and interaction. Enjoy your new puppy :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
wow DANTE is a beaut!!!!! and love the paws!!!
can't wait to see more pics!!!!! such a sweetie pie...congrats and welcome

·
Registered
126 Posts
Happy to meet you Heather & Dante - you will love it here with us. I spend more time on this site than with my friends on msn now. Doods really keep you social!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Two big WOOFS and LICKS to Heather and Dante! (That's a welcome from Raleigh & Molly) Like Dream Dogs Mom,you will find yourself on this forum all the time! WARNING....IT IS ADDICTIVE! ha-ha.. Dante is quite the handsome little boy! :D

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Welcome Heather and Dante to the addictive world of doodles!! You got one handsome boy there. I wouldn't have made it as far as I have without all the wonderful support of the people on this forum. I've learned soooooo much. It's a great support group! Just don't ask anyone here to talk you out of getting another doodle....won't happen!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Welcome!
Gene's right - this forum is amazing! So supportive and informative!
Congratulations. Your pup is gorgeous!
Betty

G

·
Welcome to Puppy ownership and the best puppy is a Doodle! Dante is gorgeous! Jump right in, questions and pictures keep the forum fun!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Welcome to you and that huggable little boy.
Just be warned...there is no preventing doodle addiction. If you turn to this group for a 12-step program you'll just end up with a second doodle!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Dante is a doll baby! He looks so much like some of my puppies! But then, when you have as many dogs and puppies as I do, almost ever dog looks like one of mine! LOL
We are happy to have you both here!
By the way, I do think you will see silvering in his face.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
If you turn to this group for a 12-step program you'll just end up with a second doodle!
Oh boy yeah no kidding on this one, do not even hint
at it or a "POLL" will be put up and before you know it Doodle number
2 is sitting in your house. Which is not a bad thing now is it? :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
blueteal said:
If you turn to this group for a 12-step program you'll just end up with a second doodle!
Oh boy yeah no kidding on this one, do not even hint
at it or a "POLL" will be put up and before you know it Doodle number
2 is sitting in your house. Which is not a bad thing now is it? :wink: :wink:
NOW SUE you aren't hinting anything are you? :wink: :D
OH and the 2nd doodle....it's grrrrrrrrrrrreat! The 12 step program is doing well in my household.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts