Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to posting...have lurked for quite a while. My name is Kristen and I am the happy owner of a new labradoodle who will be 10 weeks on Monday. Today marks our one week of having him. He comes from Philadelphia and we live in Alaska. My DH picked him up and he got to fly in the cabin of the plane, as we thought 15 hours was too long to be in the cargo area...we have named him Kryczek (pronounced cry-check) and he joins me, DH and our two kids.

Looking forward to learning all I can and enjoying "meeting" all of you.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess it is :) Funny thing though is that I had never watched to X-Files before. Only after we told people what had named him did I find out. LOL! He is such a good mellow puppy. I bring him to work with me and he is so well behaved. He sure does sleep alot though!

·
Registered
985 Posts
What an adorable doodle! I love his markings! Where did you find a doodle in Philadelphia? I live about an hour away from Philly and had to get my puppy from Denver, CO! Not that I'm not thrilled with her, but I had no idea there were doodles that close to me.

What do you all do in Alaska? Do you live in a city or in the country?

Welcome!

Leslie

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got him from bc-labradoodles...and I fell in love with his eyebrows! The breeder had a mini litter that we were interested in, but the males all sold and she told me that she was going to have this litter available, but they would be mediums. The breeder thinks he will probably top out at 30 pounds. We really wanted a parti and have been looking off and on for a couple years. When we lost our 14 year old Australian Shepherd in November, it was the first time in my life I had been without a dog and we really felt the emptiness. It was really destiny/fate to have found Kryczek, as he was everything we were looking for, plus some! He didn't like the snow at first, but is adjusting well. We live in Anchorage, which is the largest city and we are looking forward to taking him camping and cross country skiing with us.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
HI ........nice to meet you and Congrats!! he is a beauty!!! wow

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
He is a dollbaby!! What a cute name!!!
I lost my Springer in November too and it was the first time in 25 years without a dog for me!
I think you'll find that Kryczek will help fill the void. I don't know what I would've done without Bogie!
Good Luck! It sounds like Kryczek has found a great home and has some good adventures ahead of him in Anchorage!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Welcome. It's a great place here. Your puppy is really cute. Very unusually colored. Look forward to watching him grow!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Today was his first day at puppy kindergarten and it was adorable. They put him in the larger puppy class instead of small puppy and he was actually quite smaller that the rest of them as well as one of the youngest, but he had a blast. Finally got to socialize with dogs that wanted to socialize back. I am amazed at how fast the grow/change...will keep you posted :)

And thank you so much for the warm welcome!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Wow...your puppy is so cute!!

I'm laughing because we're about 1.5 hrs from Philly, but we drove 3.5 hrs to southern Delaware to get Dexter :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts