Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I have a wonderful, beautiful golden color labradoodle. However, Max likes to bite, nip and growl at me. ( I am very bruised.) He doesn't do this much with my husband, just me. He is playing I know, because all the while his tail is wagging. I have been reading all the resonses from this site for a while now and thought maybe someone could help me. I have tried saying "ouch" real loud, he thinks this is fun, so bites again, I tried holding his snout gently and saying " no bite" very firm. No luck. When I hold him by the gruf (sp) and make him sit, he does this, then he will lay down and roll over on his back for a belly rub. Please help! :shock: I am not sure what to do.

·
Registered
689 Posts
How old is Max?
I'm assuming Max is your LD and not hubby--- :lol: ---that would be a different forum (sorry couldn't resist cracking myself up).

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
cobramom...I too have to ask HOW OLD is your MAX?

also does he listen to you when you ask him to
sit, down, stay, etc

MAX may think of you more like a littermate and not his alpha perhaps?
does he knock you down on stairs, push you aside at doors and/or entranceways, jump up on you, almost grab his food from your hands?

Just asking....and also what kind of personality and training has Max had so far? Does your husband do the training or you?

Cobramom...have you ever tried IGNORING HIM...and walk away still ignoring him. he jumps...walk away give no attention
he bites yell ouch and walk away. etc etc etc

Annette you little devil hahhahahhahaa

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Max is 8 months old, he has had puppy training. He will sit, down, give paw when asked, if you have treat. He walks well with both my husband and myself, but once in a while goes a little crazy. He has been fixed, but just last week. I have him signed up for the next class; however the biting is very bad. He knocks us down the steps and counter surfs for food.

P.S. I have been the one doing the training.

G

·
Ok, I watched our trainer do this tactic with Bella today. Bella was jumping up on her trying to grab her hands. The trainer put her hands in her pockets and then proceeded to kind of 'corner' her by using a sliding motion with her feet with her knees slightly bent. She kept moving TOWARD Bella making her back up because the trainer was in Bella's space. It was fascinating to watch. Bella really did not like it and ended up trying to get away from the trainer. It was all very lowkey and was not actually a technique that she was teaching me, she just kind of did it. Today was just a free evaluation of Bella and an action plan if we decide to use her. I cannot wait. We are starting in February. :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts