Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gunner got his first hair cut. He looks cute, but I think I prefer the undone look myself. It is so nice to see his eyes again. I think it will be prefect in two weeks.

He really looks sweet no matter what his hair looks like!

How often do you all pluck the hair in the ears?

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Amanda he is gorgeous! This is an excellent cut...your groomer does a fine job! (And that is rare!)
I don't pluck the ear hair in my dogs. My labradoodles and goldendoodle don't have enough to be problematic. My poodle has a TON of hair in his ears...but my vet said it isn't growing down inside the ear canal so there is no need to remove it unless I want to.
The main reason you remove it is so that their ears can dry out and not get infections. With my poodle, his hair actually keeps stuff from getting into his ears! I am always so glad that he has it when I find a burr or twig outside the ear hair, knowing that it would have ended up inside his ear if he didn't have the hair!
Sooo, it is a personal choice and a medical consideration.
If you do decide to pluck the ear hair, do it regularly...like trimming the nails. Using a powder in the ear, I have been told, helps a lot to grasp the hair.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Wow! Gunner looks great! We just had Sawyer groomed over the weekend and she cut the hair around his eyes, too. Not too much, though because we like that scruffy look, too. She did pluck the hair in his ears again and it is the second time he has had that done in as many months.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks, I am getting use to it! I really like looking at his eyes when I am working with him. He looks so mischievous!

·
Registered
197 Posts
i think your groomer did a great job. He still looks very natural. About plucking the ear hair... my vet recommends not too. Like Jac said its really personal opinnion, and different vets and breeders have different opinnions.
Terri Lynn

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
What an adorable face :!: Gunner is stunning :D :D :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts