Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a really fun unique collar for Dexter. Does anyone know of any good websites where I could look? He currently has a boring grey one and I want something bright :)

thanks

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
What color is Dexter???? There are so many Dexter's here, I get confused! hahahahaha....let me look around...

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I was going to suggest 'Thecapecoddog.com' website, but I'm having a hard time looging onto that site. They had a lot of unique collars when we visited last February, and I bought Molly a beautiful one with red hearts and white flowers on a navy background....if you can get in after sigining up, Good Luck! :D

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I got mine for Dex at upcountryinc.com Cool one with moon and stars on a night sky. :)

[ETA: A photo of it. For some reason I really dig this one. Celestial themes have "followed" me all my life, and when I found this one it was a no-brainer]

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm leaning toward this one - it's from the site Gene suggested. It's called Dog to do list...

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
My niece has a yellow lab that's huge and when he was on a tie out he broke the plastic clasp going for another dog. It just broke right off and he was off. Good thing the other dog was in a fence, but I think it would have been play anyway.

Just a thought for all of you with big dood's

·
Registered
980 Posts
That's exactly why I switched from the plastic clips to leather. Dexter is so strong I was afraid he would snap the plastic. I went to Petsmart and got him a pretty red leather one that's rolled so it doesn't have any hard edges. Very comfy and nice looking, with matching leash. It also has a separate ring for the tags.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
That was my concern from the start - having the plastic closures instead of the buckle...worrying about how strong it was, and how much 'pull' it could actually handle. I have a rolled leather one with the metal buckle on hand, but I haven't used it yet.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I really like a martindale collar...you can find them on quite a few websites and some pet stores

http://www.bigdogboutique.com/

The one I use on Tanner doesn't have a buckle, just slips over his head. I especially like it because he can't slip out of it. I have the wide one and even when he was pulling so much it was comfortable and did not break. I bought the leather buckle collar but he could easily slip out of it.

When I leave him at home in his Xpen, I NEVER leave a collar on him.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
wow...is it common for the collars to snap? we haven't had any trouble (although I walk Dexter on a harnass and not on his normal collar).

G

·
I've had a plastic snap slip open on Bella, too and she is only 50 pounds. No more plastic, only metal buckles being used here now.

I just bought the wrong size collar for Bbella...if anyone wants it PM me. It is pink with hearts and girly and for a neck 10-14 inches (maybe one of our new girl growing puppies)?
:lol:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
IF you ask, that e-bay site will do metal hardware...just e-mail them. I use the plastic hardware for their everyday "stylin'"collars. For walking Jonah's on the gentle leader, and Miko does great in a harness.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts