Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, Just found and joined this very informative Forum! :D

I am a new breeder and I am graciously asking for referrals from responsible breeders out there. I agree with the recent posts about helping quality breeders out and offering the general public good choices!

Being a new breeder it does take time to establish yourself... I am asking you all to think of our puppies when you may not have what your client is looking for. I would greatly appreciate it.

I would post info about our breeding program, but I think that is a no no. Becasue we are fairly new, feel free to contact us to find out more about our breeding program & quality of care, so that you might feel confident in reffering buyers. rmjlabradoodles.com

And of course, this is 100% reciprocal, I will send buyers to you all if I do not have what they are looking for!

I hope this this isn't too forward, I would hate to offend anyone. Thank you so much for your time and consideration! Have a great day!!!

Sincerely,

·
Registered
401 Posts
good luck...im not a breeder but if i ever find someone looking for a labradoodle, I will mention you

your pups are adorable!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Hi, I seen your post when you very first posted and have gone back and forth about what you have ask of us. First off I must apoligise for not answering you sooner, that I admit was not the proper thing to do.

It is very hard for any breeder to just start giving out referrals to a new breeder without knowing anything about them. All of us here try to help each other and new owners and coach new breeders. Most of us however don't give out referrals like I said without knowing and talking and know what your breeding ethics are. I realize by not answering you we never gave you a chance to learn anything about you. Since I can't speak for everyone I will just say Shame on Me.

The best thing you can do is if you haven't already is advertise on some of the sites like this one that allow you to. Yes you will spend money but running ads in the newspapers is not the way to go you will spend a lot more and see little results.

Ask questions and take notes, let people get to know who you are and what your breeding program is all about. Try and find a breeder who has been breeding for several years that is close to you, so you can visit and get ideas.

So come back ask questions give your input and get to know everyone.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
well said, Linda,
I have been away but I agree that perhaps introducing yourself is a more polite way of starting out. I refer people to other breeders who post here regularly - if I don't have puppies, but it only happens after a mutual relationship and trust happens.

Also, there is a listing of breeders that is excellent - the health testing that they require to be on that list automatically gives creedence to your puppies and your ethics. So I might recommend going there if you haven't yet: www.goldendoodle-labradoodle.org

But having said that, welcome and please join in the Community Spirit here!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Well Hi Renee and welcome to the forums.

Im not a breeder but I do agree with Linda here. And sorry if I sound mean here, im not trying to be. But anyone here can give a decent referral, if you have earned it. Their are a few breeders here that I respect and trust and if I knew someone in their area that was looking for a doodle I would definately refer them to one of the breeders. The breeders post here just about everyday and I think have earned their place in getting a referal.

You seem like a nice person and im sure other people would love to here about your breeding program. We'd like to know more about you and what you have to offer.

Brooke

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Referral to a new breeder

Hi everyone, and thank you for the posting. I am very sorry if I came across asking for something I haven't earned. I was hoping you and others would take my request as a first step into this on-line community.

I guess what I need to do is post an introduction. Point taken and thanks!

Renee

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Hi Renee,

I am sorry to I didnt post :) so HI!! I think your dogs are really really beautiful. I breed for all the same reasons you do, and there are tremendous breeders here that give the best advice if you ever need it but it sounds like you are just here to say hi and get referrals. As people that contact me are normally looking for american doodles I am not sure I would ever have a referral for you, plus I have 6 breeders from here that I refer all the time (and just did again today!) but I think the more people you know the better and I am looking forward to getting to know you and having you here in our community!! A big welcome and never hesitate to PM or email me :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts