Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Abby is so eager to learn how to drive. I keep explaining to her that's not what Service Dogs do :oops: She seems like she's getting it down pretty good tho. [/img]
She was a little surprised at what the road did at the drawbridge
[/URL][/img]
THIS IS SO KOOL FELLOW DOODLES GIVE IT A TRY

[/URL][/img]

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
so when's Abby's road test?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Is Abby truly a service dog? If so can you give me any advice on training my Samantha how she can help me out?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cracker9ball said:
Is Abby truly a service dog? If so can you give me any advice on training my Samantha how she can help me out?
She is in training for service work. Right now it's just Basic OB training with some target training as well. She already knows how to help get my gloves off now I'm teaching it on command. Same thing will work for socks and shoes. She's also whistle trained to sit on a blast from the whistle which she now does with distractions like traffic bussing by and car horns. It's a long slow process and you must have patience and a smart Doodle. Check out WWW.IAADP.ORG for basic information.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sessa35 said:
This brings a whole new meaning to "Doodle 500"

LOL!!

Doodles, Start your Engines.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

GREAT pics---she is getting SO big SO quick!!
She's beautiful!!
:D :D
:lol: I wish I could get her on the Motorcycle and take her to Daytona for Bike Week 8) for the first time in my life I may consider a Trike :shock: I've always thought trikes were for OLD men :shock: :lol: :lol: She is getting big. I was hoping for 45-50#s--fat chance! Pun intended :)
Well it was a short lived experiment the Florida DMV says you have to be 16 just to apply for a permit :(

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
mtd885 said:
Well it was a short lived experiment the Florida DMV says you have to be 16 just to apply for a permit :(
Could that be in dog years?? Great pictures! My doods are all packed, they're waiting for a road trip!! :lol:

·
Registered
985 Posts
mtd885 said:
:lol: I wish I could get her on the Motorcycle and take her to Daytona for Bike Week 8) for the first time in my life I may consider a Trike :shock: I've always thought trikes were for OLD men :shock: :lol: :lol: She is getting big. I was hoping for 45-50#s--fat chance! Pun intended :)
Many years ago we lived on an island with only ferry service. For a week or two each year the ferry would be out of commission so they could do maintenance. There was a passenger boat for crossings, so all of us had "island vehicles" that we used to get us to the ferry dock, and then we left our regular car on the mainland side so we could go about our business once we got there. In our case our island vehicle was my husband's BMW motorcycle, so we taught our Irish setter to ride sandwiched between us. I really wish we had taken pictures - she looked so funny sitting on her haunches on the seat with her front paws over DH's shoulder!

Anyway, that got us to the ferry dock, but I have no idea how much longer she could have ridden like that!

Leslie

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Abby is so beautiful!! OH! To have a service dog!! :D

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sessa35 said:
Here you go...this is Sue and Denver's doodle bike!

I have to remember to put a helmet on that bad boy!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
(oldie but goodie!)
:wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
THAT IS SO COOL! We would really like to take family vacations on our Valkyrie Interstate. I know dr katz could ride on the tank in a tank bag but where to put Abby? Renee has the passenger "throne" (as I call it). A side car would be one solution but alas only a Trike would make it work for the four of us. So my dream vehicle would be a Boss Hoss 502 HP Trike painted Red and Taxi Yellow. 8) 8) 8)
[/URL][/img]
I could fabricate a tank crate for dr katz and for
Abby a CUSTOM RUMBLE SEAT... :)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I had forgotten about that pic!!! like usualy, Vanessa to the rescue!!!

i still remember in the past our 2 papillons jumping up and sat in front of me or in the basket to ride on our 4 wheeler :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts