Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't get online as much as I'd like...but I thought if anybody needed to know about this, it's the doodle board!! So we are now a double-doodle family!
I'd like to introduce you all to Bond.
He is a 9 month old Male Labradoodle. We JUST adopted him from the local shelter.
You can go here...scroll to Bond, and watch a short video of him. We brought Boone in to meet him and they got along So well...he comes home tomorrow....
http://www.kwhumane.com/html/dog_adoptions.asp

Oh I'm sure we'll have fun.
I am feeling guilty now tho and we don't even have him yet. I'm scared Boone will be jealous and feel left out. He won't be the baby anymore, and will be getting a different kind of attention from us (not less, just different)! Please ease my fears and say Boone won't feel bad and will just be having a blast.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Don't worry, Boone and Bond will be best buddies and won't know how to act without the other one. Boone will not be upset because you brought Bond into the family. I know you will love both of them equally and they will know that. Congratulations on getting Bond, he's a lucky dog :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
James was still there yes...though I doubt for long, there was a waiting list. We left our contact info so that James' new parents can get ahold of us and we can get together at the local dog park for them to hang out.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They aren't getting along yet. But they were very happy to play with each other at the shelter yesterday when they got together for their meet and greet! We don't get him till tonight after work.
I will confuse the names, and want to change it, but Bond responds to well to his name already I think it will be hard to change it.

·
Registered
689 Posts
We doubled up on Doodles too. We have a 2 year old and a 5 month old. Chester was very spoiled and doted on (but still a good boy :lol: ). He and Archie get along great. In fact I think they get together and plot things to make me crazy but laugh at the same time. Chester was a more timid pup and Archie has NO fear...I think Chester sets him up to do stuff he knows he shouldn't and lets Archie take the fall!

It may take a few days but the boys will get along great and you'll find time for both of them! its amazing how it happens.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I remember when I was pregnant with my second child I felt sorry for him because he would never have just 'mom' time. I worried that my first child would be jealous and mad at me for intrducing this high maintenance thing into his life...Well, I was a fool because it turns out that having my second child was the greatest gift I could've given my first. They are best friends and partners in crime. I think you will find the same in your house soon. Now Boone will have one 'person' who totally and completely understands him. How great is that! Congratulations! Leslie

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Congratulations to you and to Bond! He is so adorable. I laughed out loud when I watched his video...what a happy boy he is! He will be a great addition to your family!

It is likely that Boone and Bond will play well together for the first day or so and then they MAY start to do the "top dog" challenge...don't worry if they do, they will work it out. It doesn't look like Bond is going to be any trouble at all! (I love his happy-go-lucky attitude!)

My dogs always love a new addition...until they realize that the new one is here to stay...then they just get a little assertive...not bad at all...in fact they all still share food and water dishes. They have never fought over anything...except a special chewy...then the one with the prize will growl at the others if they come too near...but they do nothing if the chewy is stolen when they are looking away.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah we are expecting them to try to figure out the pecking order. Boone will still get bed privledges at night until we know for sure the other one is housetrained and all that jazz.

We are changing his name, we think it's too confusing....
The choices are
Jin
Sayid
Eko

·
Registered
689 Posts
Another Lost devotee! We are totally HOOKED on that show.
I vote for Eko...you can even call him Mr. Eko.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah we went with Jin....we think! hahah poor guy is gonna be confused

So the first night went fairly well. They played for hours, until Boone had enough, I've never seen him actually worn out before!
They did have one little issue...over a bone. Jin didn't think the one we gave him was good enough, so he walked over to Boone and stole his. boone obviously wanted his bone back, but when he tried to take it Jin growled and snapped. I guess that was just the first of many things to figure out who is top dog.
I feel a little bad for Boone tho, I think he feels left out cuz Jin is such a snuggler! Boone has always been pretty independant, but now he realises that unless he comes to us for hugs, he may not come by as many, even tho we are trying to keep things even.

·
Registered
972 Posts
They certainly will sort out the pecking order. Bones are definitely an issue. Mine are always stealing the others bones. Glad to hear that Jin and Boone are getting along.

I have one snuggler as well, and the other is learning that if he snuggles, he will get more attention too. Now, I have one on either side of me trying to snuggle.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Yep, you are right...they will figure it out. Just be with them for a while, when they have bones so that you can keep an eye on them.
My dogs ALWAYS want the one that the others have...never the one I give to them! It is so funny to watch them drop their bone and see the others drop theirs while running to retireve the ones belonging to another...it is a matter of musical bones!
They always prefer the gooey, chewed up one to any of the nice new ones too.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Our two are the same way with the bones. They did start off being territorial about the bones when we first got Toby in June. Tonight Toby started making these groaning, growling, throaty noises that made us think there was something wrong. He was laying on his side stretching out his front legs and scratching at the carpet. We realized he just wanted the bone Lani had! What ever she had tonight he had to take, go figure just like the kids! :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts