Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Rowen just got neutered earlier today and I was wondering around when he'll start being able to play and rough house again.. it's been awhile since we've had a dog neutered! I remember it being two weeks but am not quite sure..the poor puppy came from the back room with the vet person and was trying to jump all over us- but of course we didn't let him. I think he has a bit of a stomach ache, but he seems pretty good! Any ideas when he should be back on his feet and playing again? :)

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I know it's next to impossible, but try to keep him quiet...especially jumping or climbing stairs.....at least for a week..Raleigh had to wear a cone for 7 days so he wouldn't lick or chew on the stitches...
Do you only have Rowen, or is there another dog in the house? It might be easier with only one...all Raleigh wanted to do was play,play,play with Molly! And it was difficult to keep him quiet!!! :shock: Good luck!!!! :wink:

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Hi there
Kathie is right, keeping a Doodle quiet is pretty hard,
especially when they act like nothing has changed.
We tried our best to keep Denver quiet for 10 days.
That is all you can do. He will be fine.
:wink: :wink:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Bigsby seemed to feel fine the very next day and thank goodness didn't lick his stitches. The vet said to keep him inactive for about a week. Yeah, right. We kept him confined to his crate almost all the time for about 4 days. It was awful. He really didn't whine or complain but it seemed awful to me. That was about as long as I could do it, though - after that, I just worried myself to death that he might bust his stitches but it was fine. We didn't take walks, and I tried to keep him from running, jumping, etc. Just about impossible. I was sooooooo glad when that week was over.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
The males heal a lot faster than a female who has been spayed since they don't have to actually go in through the tummy like they do on a spay. Unless of course the dog had an undecsended testicle then that is most invasive surgery to remove that and does take longer to heal. My Vet says keep them quiet a few days but the licking is what you really need to watch for and keep then from doing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts