Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, sorry, been away from the boards for a bit. I was wondering if anyone knew what the average cost for neutering was?

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
ah...I think we paid $200-300 each for Dex/Kirby...don't remember the exact amount. Kirby was more because he had an undescended testicle.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
hey, welcoem back!
I think this is a really localized question.....it's cheaper in the midwest than on the coasts, of course.
However, there are also variables between offices and frankly I encourage people to ask around. Some places (maybe VCA, for example) insist on getting a full panel of bloodwork, I'm told. That's an extra expense in my opinion for a dog under 3. But that's just me. So I recommend calling around, asking your breeder or even asking others at doodle romps, and dog parks.

Also - with males, some vets do a laser surgery on them, and some do a more conventional method and you might like to ask a couple vets about the differences, and pro's/con's, in cost or otherwise.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I paid $65 to have Nicky neutered at the local Humane Society Spay and Neuter Clinic. That included having him microchiped. The vet would have charged $230 for neutering plus microchip. That was too much for my budget!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
for dogs under 40lbs $160 and less than 6mos
if they're say over 65lbs and 6mos old $245
if you get complete bloodwork add $45 more
and if they stay overnight another $20

this is upstate NY norm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts