Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Denver is going to be neutered on Monday and I am a wreck.
No reason other than my baby is going to have surgery and will be away from me, am I pathetic or what. Were any of you nervous on this day
or am I just a little overboard?

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I am the same way!!! Remember our doodles are our babies...totally normal to be nervous as it just means YOU CARE.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Oh yes, I was nervous, too. I couldn't wait to get him back from the vet's. He was pretty out of it that first day.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Hi Sue...Dexter got neutered last month and I was nervous too. However he did so well. We went to pick him up and he came running out to us :) He acted just like his usual self that night. Honestly, the worst part was trying to keep him calm and from licking himself. Try not to worry too much.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you everybody. I had hoped that by posting you would make me feel better and I do, so Thank you all so much.

G

·
Sue, I was nervous too. It is a very routine procedure, especially for the boys :D He will be tired afterwards, maybe groggy, but should not have any pain. Don't be afraid to dab on neosporin if it starts to looks red. He will be fine!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
it will be fine, its quick and they havent a clue!

bring a blankie when you pick him up
(he wont care but it will make you feel motherly and better :))

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I was worried about Toby also when he was neutered in August but he did just fine and so did we. They kept him over night, we picked him up late the next day because of Lani who was 7 months at the time. He did not miss a beat. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you and Denver on Monday, let us know how it goes.

G

·
All normal feelings!! The day I left Boyd to get neutered I cried when I got back in the truck. He was no worse for wear - he bounded out just as happily as he bounded into the vet's office. I swear he didn't even know anything happened. I've had him back to the vet since then and he still loves them!! :lol:

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
neutering

Tanner was neutered last Tuesday and they sent him home late afternoon and said "keep him quiet for 7-10 days". Right......... He slept a lot on Wednesday but on Thursday he was his normal self, puppy spurts and all! I am sure he will do fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts