Labradoodle Forums banner

Is Dex too long? Can he still see?

• Get the guy either a headband or a haircut!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, he's fine as he is, and can even go longer!

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband and I want to see Dex really shaggy....we both like the look. His coat is growing in nicely from his last summer cut.

I'm more concerned for Dexter's well-being and comfort - look at these photos - do you think we need to give him a cut?? He doesn't shed, so we're not concerned about having to vacuum up after him all the time. I'll go "medium" if necessary, I don't mind the look. But if we let Dex get all full and shaggy, are we compromising his vision in any way?? I want him to be comfortable first and foremost.

HONEST OPINIONS, PLEASE!! Is he too long??

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Medium would be good Lynn...Definately his face so we can see his cute eyes and smile..like in your Avitar! :wink:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Just a little around the eyes. It is amazing how big and beautiful the eyes look after a hair cut! Either way he'll still be darling Dexter!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'd say just take off a little from the face so we can see his big beautiful eyes! Otherwise I'd let his body grow out because he has such a gorgeous coat :D

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Lynn,

Just between the eyebrows and tapered over each eye....leaving enough length to still fall nicely....you know how the hair stylist will cut bangs for instance, not straight across, but with short little snips at angle into the bang..../////along....get it? you could snip a little section of the bang and then leave a longer bit and then go back and forth like that....

I love shaggy, but I do like it when they can see a little better....has to be aggravating not to see clearly....Coco's eyes are so pretty, I want to see them too.
Check this site out...
http://www.labradoodleasd.com/ASD.grooming.htm
8)

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Just so he can see and maybe a sanitary cut so he's not carrying his waste on his coat... Once they get bm stuck on that hair it's gross to have to try to get it back off. It happened once with Moses and I do not want to go there again. lol

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
I go for the sanitary cut......but if you like it long...leave it that way! :wink:

As well known on this forum.....I WILL NOT TRIM JONAH'S BANGS........annmarie!! :twisted:

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
gene said:
I go for the sanitary cut......but if you like it long...leave it that way! :wink:

As well known on this forum.....I WILL NOT TRIM JONAH'S BANGS........annmarie!! :twisted:
Ditto

Never trim Denver's bangs either...................

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I love him Shaggy especially when Fall arrives

but I want to see his CUTE eyes ...a small trim above the eyes would be nice

HEY GENE.......you're doodle is going BLIND why else do you think he trips over your shoes and then eats them in frustration or it it he can't see they are not food :shock:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
MaxandMe said:
HEY GENE.......you're doodle is going BLIND why else do you think he trips over your shoes and then eats them in frustration or it it he can't see they are not food :shock:
Must have been one heck of a trip.....I keep my shoes on top of the washer! :shock:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yup, I thought so...... :shock:

So off for a face trim he goes! Thanks for the replies everyone!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I love the shaggy look but I usually trim around the eyes, expecially since I saw Archie run into a post :lol: Poor guy, I knew it was time for a trim after that. Dexter is such a CUTIE PATOOTIE :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts