Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week we had a first night of clicker training. Our homework was to work with a 6 inch or so lid on the ground and have our dogs touch it with their paw--no verbal command--then click and reward. (It sounds strange but it makes sense as it is part of marking a behavior.) The instructor said over time we should try to work our dogs down to smaller sized objects. She bragged (she does that) about about how her Sheppard, over time, had learned to "touch" a spot the size of a nickel. Last night in class, I had Dakota "touching" a penny! Our instructor was speechless! She didn't realize how smart our Doodles are! :D If only I could get him to calm down in class--he's constantly pulling (hard) on his lead and trying to visit and play with his three classmates. :oops:
Diane (and Dakota)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
^ 5 ( aka high five) DAKOTA!!! yesss!!
yeeeeeeeeeeehaaa and yippeee aye aaaaaaaaaa!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Good for Dakota!

I just sent my trainer a note to brag about Ruby. In our class on Monday the trainer was teaching "stay." She showed how her dog (adorable boston terrier) would stay while she placed treats on each paw, head and nose. It was sooo cute! I was giggling because I was thinking, "MY dog will NEVER be able to do that." Well, we haven't accomplished the treats ON her yet, but she has learned stay very quickly. I can place treats in front of her in a line about 6-12 inches long and she "stays" until I release her. I'm so proud of her and think she is SO smart! Please don't tell me this is something she will outgrow (only 5-1/2 mos old now). :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts