Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sarah, my niece, just called Her mother emailed her that my Daddy is in the hospital -

I called hosp and spoke with Daddy and Norma (my dear stepmom)- they tell me he's fine and not to worry, Right, I'm 750 miles away and I'm not to worry !

seems Daddy took Nitro 3x during the night for chest pain, after 3rd time did not help, he called 911.

They have him on blood thinners and blood pressure medicine (his BP was 240/160 :cry:

the Cardiologist is suppose to be back in to see him tonite and Norma will call me and let me know what he says. They already told him that at his age (89) and health that doing an angioplasty (clear the heart arteries) is very high risk so I dont know what they will do. His doc wasnt on call last night so he saw one of his associates, but Dr. Long is suppose to see him tonite, so we'll see what he has to say

PLEASE keep my Daddy in your prayers - I am NOT ready to lose him :cry:

Thank you

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Consider it done. My thoughts are with you.....

·
Registered
103 Posts
You got it Mary. (((((((())))))))

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
(((((((((((MARY))))))))))) prayers for you and your family .

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Many prayers being sent your way Mary for you and your Dad!
(((((((())))))))))) too! :wink:

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Aw, Mary, I am so sorry.
Prayers coming through for you from me too...and lots of hugs for your sorrow, may it be eased. And may the doctors be guided to help your dear daddy.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you all so much -

Talked to Daddy at 8pm , Doc still had not been in so no test results.

Checked on Norma, she was getting ready for bed, long hard day for her

hugs
Mary

G

·
Prayers for your Daddy and you and family. I bet part of the high blood pressure was the fear involved. It should come down. Make sure Norma has a good understanding of the blood pressure diet: salt needs to limited greatly and most convenience foods have LOTS of sodium. Fresh fruits and vegetables are best. Stay strong and there is alot you can do from far away. Doctors even will call you if you request it and your Daddy gives permission for them to talk to you. The nurses also will talk to you when you call. If his nurse is busy you can always speak to the 'charge nurse' or even the head nurse for updates or problems. Make sure he gets his meals after not being able to eat for certain tests. When you are hungry, you get irritable. The nurses stock food on the floor, so even if it's not dinnertime, he can get something. Lots of doodle hugs to you and your Daddy!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts